EHA Educational Participation Grants
Originally launched in 2019, EHA awards a new category of grants, called the Educational Travel Grants. As the Annual Congress will be virtual in 2021, the grants have been renamed to Educational Participation Grants.
EHA wants to facilitate participation in the Annual Congress for hematologists, researchers and practitioners from lower and middle-income countries. We especially want to encourage individuals who demonstrate a high degree of motivation towards participating in the EHA Congress because of the anticipated benefits to their career or to hematology in their country. A substantial number of these Educational Participation Grants will be awarded, consisting of a complimentary registration for the EHA2021 Virtual Congress.
The EHA Global Outreach Program Committee will select the winners. The applicants will be informed by April 23, 2021 about the selection. Please read the application criteria and guidelines carefully.
The Educational Participation Grant application has closed
Applicants wishing to be considered for a grant should:
- Be able to attend the EHA2021 Virtual Congress for its full duration
- Be 45 years or younger
- Be a citizen of and currently live in a low-income or lower-middle income country according to the World Bank for fiscal year 2021, see full list here.
- Have a strong motivation to attend the EHA Congress.
- Not have other funding possibilities.
- Have not been awarded an Educational Travel Grant in 2019 & 2020.
Please note, the Educational Participation Grant will be awarded once to an individual and is non-transferable to other persons or congresses/meetings.
How to apply for a travel grant & timeline
How to apply
Applications will only be accepted when submitted through the dedicated form.
The applicant should meet the application criteria, indicated above.
- Application open on March 5, 2021
- Application deadline on April 16, 2021
- Notification to applications by April 23, 2021
Should you have any questions or queries, contact us at Travelgrants@ehaweb.org.