Educational Participation Grants
EHA wants to facilitate participation in the Annual Congress for hematologists, researchers and practitioners from lower and middle-income countries. We especially want to encourage individuals who demonstrate a high degree of motivation towards participating in the EHA Congress because of the anticipated benefits to their career or to hematology in their country. A substantial number of Educational Participation Grants will be awarded this year, consisting of a complimentary virtual registration for the EHA2022 Hybrid Congress.
The EHA Global Outreach Program Committee will select the winners. The applicants will be informed by April 22, 2022 about the selection. Please read the application criteria and guidelines carefully.
The Educational Participation Grant application has closed
Applicants wishing to be considered for a grant should:
- Be 45 years or younger,
- Be a citizen of and currently live in a low-income or lower-middle income country according to the World Bank for fiscal year 2022, see full list here,
- Have a strong motivation to attend the EHA Congress,
- Not have other funding possibilities,
- Have permission from your employer/institute to participate in the full EHA2022 Hybrid Congress, and
- Have not been awarded an Educational Travel Grant in 2019, 2020 & 2021.
Please note, the Educational Participation Grant will be awarded once to an individual and is non-transferable to other persons or congresses/meetings.
How to apply for a participation grant & timeline
Applications will only be accepted when submitted through the dedicated form.
The applicant should meet the application criteria, indicated above.
- Application open on March 5, 2022
- Application deadline on April 16, 2022
- Notification to applications by April 22, 2022
Should you have any questions or queries, contact us at Travelgrants@ehaweb.org.