Educational Travel / Participation Grants
EHA wants to facilitate participation in the Annual Congress for hematologists, researchers and practitioners from lower and middle-income countries. We especially want to encourage individuals who demonstrate a high degree of motivation towards participating in the EHA Congress because of the anticipated benefits to their career or to hematology in their country. A substantial number of Educational Travel & Participation Grants will be awarded this year, consisting of a complimentary registration for the EHA2023 Hybrid Congress, and €1000 to support physical attendance (Educational Travel Grants only). The deadline to submit an application is March 10, 2023 (23:59 CET).
The EHA Global Outreach Program Committee will select the winners. The applicants will be informed by March 24, 2023 about the selection. Please read the application criteria and guidelines carefully.
The application has closed
Applicants wishing to be considered for a grant should:
- Be 45 years or younger,
- Be a citizen of and currently live in a low-income or lower-middle income country according to the World Bank for fiscal year 2023, see full list here,
- Have a strong motivation to attend the EHA Congress,
- Not have other funding possibilities,
- Have permission from your employer/institute to participate in the full EHA2023 Hybrid Congress, and
- Have not been awarded an Educational Travel / Participation Grant between 2019 & 2022.
Please note, the Educational Participation Grant will be awarded once to an individual and is non-transferable to other persons or congresses/meetings.
How to apply for a participation grant & timeline
Applications will only be accepted when submitted through the dedicated form.
The applicant should meet the application criteria, indicated above.
- Application open on February 1, 2023
- Application deadline on March 10, 2023 (23:59 CET)
- Notification to applicants by March 24, 2023
Should you have any questions or queries, contact us at Travelgrants@ehaweb.org.