EHA Educational Travel Grants
EHA awarded a new category of travel grants in 2019, called the Educational Travel Grants, which facilitate participation in the Annual Congress for hematologists, researchers and practitioners from lower and middle-income countries. We especially want to encourage individuals who demonstrate a high degree of motivation towards attending the EHA Congress because of the anticipated benefits to their career or to hematology in their country. A total of 10 special grants will be awarded, consisting of €1000 and free registration for the 25th EHA Congress, to be held in Frankfurt, Germany on June 11-14, 2020.
Interested persons are invited to send in an application via the online portal. The EHA Global Outreach Program Committee will select the winners. The applicants will be informed by January 22, 2020 about the selection. Please read the application criteria and guidelines carefully.
Applicants wishing to be considered for a grant should:
- Be able to attend the 25th EHA Congress for its full duration
- Be 45 years or younger
- Be a citizen of and currently live in a low-income or lower-middle income country according to the World Bank for fiscal year 2020, see full list here.
- Have a strong motivation to attend the EHA Congress.
- Not have other funding possibilities.
- Have not been awarded an Educational Travel Grant in 2019.
Please note, the educational travel grant will be awarded once to an individual and is non-transferable to other persons or congresses/meetings.
How to apply for a travel grant & timeline
The call for applications has opened. Click here to apply.
Should you have any questions or queries, contact us at Travelgrants@ehaweb.org.