EHA-SWG Scientific Meeting “Developing a research agenda for transfusion in Europe”
Dates: September 15-17, 2022
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Chairs: S Stanworth, L Larsson & H Feys
Organized in collaboration with EHA & the EHA Specialized Working Group on Transfusion.
This is a 3-day scientific meeting that focused on strengthening and prioritizing opportunities for Europe-wide research in transfusion. It will help to identify research gaps and enable the start of a dialogue between transfusion researchers (including juniors) across Europe.
Hematologists, (junior) Researchers in transfusion
This meeting will cover the following topics:
- Transfusion therapy - current status
- Transfusion therapy - future needs
- Strategies in transfusion research
- Special situations for transfusion
- What makes a successful research program?
- Opportunities in immune-based therapies
- Stakeholders and the donor
- Hospital practices
- Transfusion research in Europe
The complete program can be found here.
Abstract submission is an important part of EHA-SWG Scientific Meeting programs. As a participant, you have the opportunity to submit an abstract for this meeting, and (if accepted) discuss it with the international faculty and peers.
A selection of abstracts will be eligible for acceptance during the meeting, the presentation format will be in the form of oral presentations or poster presentations. Presenting authors will receive a separate invitation.
Abstract submission is closed. You can find more details on this page.
After attending this EHA-SWG Scientific Meeting, delegates will be able to:
- understand new directions of red cell transfusion research in terms of populations, study designs, new red cells products and matching,
- understand new directions of transfusion research in hematological support for major bleeding including better diagnostic tests, and
- address and recognize the need for research in implementation.
Na Strzi 32
Registration is now open - please check the registration page for more details.
There are various opportunities to support this meeting. For more information please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EBAH CME Accreditation
Continuing Medical Education (CME) is widely accepted to encourage individual practitioners to maintain and develop professional knowledge and skills keeping up-to-date with latest developments within the field. The meeting will be accredited by the EBAH system. Participants of this meeting are eligible to receive one Continuing Medical Education (CME) credit point for every hour of accredited activity from the EBAH system.
Interested in extensive training on transfusion medicine?
Are you or do you know someone interested in transfusion medicine? The Autonomous University of Barcelona and Leiden University offer a master's degree in transfusion medicine and cellular and tissue therapies (in English). This joint Master's degree is credited with 60 ECTs.