EHA-SWG Scientific Meeting "the Blood and the Child - New Insights in Pediatric Benign Hematology"
Dates: October 15-17, 2020
Location: Naples, Italy
Chairs: A Iolascon, C Dufour, C Balduini, A Falanga, D Prati
Organized by EHA in collaboration with:
- EHA Scientific Working Group on Red Cell and Iron
- EHA Scientific Working Group on Granulocyte and constitutional marrow failure syndromes
- EHA Scientific Working Group on Thrombocytopenias and platelet function disorders
- EHA Scientific Working Group on Bleeding and thrombosis
- EHA Scientific Working Group on Transfusion medicine
Registration is now open Register here
Benign hematology consultations constitute a sizable proportion of the evaluation requests in traditional hematology/oncology practices. There is a need for physicians/pediatricians with adequate training, experience, interest, and expertise in assessing and treating patients with these disorders. Some hematologic issues are complex and require in-person histories and examinations, whereas others can be handled with advice electronically after a thorough chart review. To improve the quality of the care provided to these patients, the EHA-SWG Scientific Meeting “the Blood and the Child - New Insights in Pediatric Benign Hematology” was created. During this three-day meeting, participants will focus on red blood cells and its diseases, iron metabolism defects, granulocyte and constitutional failure syndromes, thrombocytopenias and platelet function disorders, bleeding and thrombosis and transfusion medicine.
Below you can find key information and links to important details regarding registration and accommodation. There is also a wide array of sponsorship opportunities available for pharmaceutical companies.
Hematologists, pediatricians, neonatologists, biologists and general practitioners.
This meeting will cover the following topics:
- Bone marrow failures syndromes
- Hemopoietic stem cell transplantation
- Consultative pediatric hematology
- Red cell disorders
- Gene therapy and gene editing
- Bleeding and coagulation disorders
The complete program is available here.
Abstract & case submission
Abstract and case submission is an important part of the EHA-SWG Scientific Meeting. As a participant, you have the opportunity to submit an abstract or clinical case for this meeting, and (if accepted) discuss it with a panel of international faculty and peers.
A selection of abstracts and clinical cases will be eligible for acceptance during the meeting, the presentation format will be in the form of oral presentations or poster presentations. Presenting authors will receive a separate invitation.
Abstract and case submission is open! Find more information here.
After attending this EHA-SWG Scientific Meeting, participants will be able to:
- diagnose benign inherited conditions of red cells, neutrophils, platelets and coagulation defects,
- treat the most relevant disorders in pediatric benign hematology,
- use of the new technologies for molecular defects identification, and
- improve their knowledge on how to diagnose and treat these inherited conditions during the pediatric age.
The meeting will take place at the Starhotels Terminus Naples:
Piazza Garibaldi, 91
80142 Naples, Italy
Online registration is open. Benefit from the reduced early registration fee by registering before July 15, 2020; 23:59 CEST.
Visit this page for more information and to register.
Continuing Medical Education (CME) is widely accepted to encourage individual practitioners to maintain and develop professional knowledge and skills keeping up-to-date with latest developments within the field. The meeting will be accredited by the EBAH system. Participants of this meeting are eligible to receive one Continuing Medical Education (CME) credit point for every hour of accredited activity from the EBAH system.