Associate Project Manager Congress & Meetings
The European Hematology Association (EHA) serves medical professionals, researchers, and scientists with an active interest in hematology. We are proud to be the largest European-based organization connecting hematologists worldwide to support career development and research, harmonize hematology education, and advocate for hematologists and hematology. EHA is governed by the EHA Board and supported in its activities by various committees. An international team of 40 staff members works in a dynamic, results-driven and open environment and takes pride in serving the association in an efficient manner.
For our Congress & Meetings department, we are looking for a talented and enthusiastic
Associate Project Manager Congress & Meetings (36-40 hours).
You will be responsible for the support of the team of (senior) project managers with regards to the planning, budgeting, logistics, execution and follow up of scientific and educational meetings, training programs and other international gatherings. EHA organizes its programs either virtually, physically or in a hybrid form. You will be part of a team of project managers reporting to the Head of Congress & Meetings.
Supporting the organization of the annual congress, scientific and/or educational meetings and mentoring programs. More specifically:
- Assist in proposing appropriate meeting venues or platforms according to specific criteria
- Coordinate the meeting registration, online as well as onsite
- Coordinate the setup of virtual meeting platforms and their content
- Coordinate and organize the production of meeting program books & other material
- Coordinate the setup, invitation and confirmation process of meeting programs and their faculty
- Coordinate abstract submission procedures from submission to review and allocation
- Arrange directly or in collaboration with subcontractors all logistical aspects related to meetings and their social programs, if applicable
- Organize travel and accommodation
- Provide input for the promotion of meetings
- Provide input for the recruitment of sponsors of meetings
- Liaise with colleagues involved in meetings on required facilities
- Higher vocational education level (HBO); preferably in event or hospitality management
- Proven experience (1-3 years) in event management, preferably in the medical field
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and affinity with various project management and IT systems (e.g. Monday.com, registration systems and/or abstract submission systems)
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A result oriented and flexible attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly professional and presentable
- Able to work independently as well as cooperatively in a small team
- Available to travel and attend (inter)national meetings
- Resident in the Netherlands and in possession of a valid residence and work permit
You have a lively personality, a positive attitude and a sense of humor. You are strong and confident and not afraid to express your opinion. You are pro-active, can work independently and possess a hands-on mentality. You like high pressure projects with deadlines, are stress resistant and resourceful. You are capable of distinguishing and establishing structures while not losing the overview or overall goal.
Excellent and clear communication, in particular with professionals, is second nature to you. You are able to listen, be emphatic and handle matters tactfully. You see chances and opportunities. You enjoy working in a small non-profit organization active in a fast moving medical field.
A challenging role in an ambitious and growing international organization with a relevant mission. An independent job with an enthusiastic and hardworking team. The salary range is between €2,625.00 to €3,625.00 gross per month based on full-time employment (40 hours per week), and based on education and experience. Secondary employment conditions are attractive and include 30 vacation days, a collective pension plan, 8% holiday allowance, commuting allowance, and the possibility to follow courses that contribute to your personal development. EHA is situated in the center of The Hague, near Central Station, and is easily accessible.
If you are interested in this position, please send your motivation letter and your CV by April 25, 2021 to email@example.com.
For questions, please contact the EHA Executive Office on +31 (0)70 3020 099
• HR Officer: Liz Stokes, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Head of Congress & Meetings: Rik Craenmehr, email@example.com