(Associate) Project Manager in Communications - (Transversal Storyteller) (2 years)
Are you an experienced projects and communications professional with experience in the EU and international environment? An exciting opportunity has arisen to be a full-time, two-year (Associate) Project Manager in Communications - (Transversal Storyteller) for the European Hematology Association (EHA) based in The Hague.
The purpose of this role is to ensure that EHA has engaging communications and dissemination that reach our diverse audience in the hematology field and to ensure that we are fully engaged with European-funded projects. This is a great chance for someone with experience of project and communications management to develop a comprehensive portfolio of work. You should have at least two years of experience in project and communications development, fluency (near-native) in English, an amazing eye for detail, and a willingness to learn and grow. The key challenge you will have to deal with is concurrently assisting in multiple complex projects.
The European Hematology Association (EHA) is a non-profit organization that supports and connects hematologists worldwide. EHA promotes excellence in patient care, research, and education in hematology towards a cure for all blood disorders. Our programs and services serve medical professionals, researchers, and scientists. We provide programs to enhance the professional development of hematologists. We support and mentor career development and research, harmonize hematology education, and advocate for hematologists and hematology at local and international levels. Based in the Netherlands, EHA is a foundation led and supported in its activities by a Board of distinguished peers, an international Executive Office, and specialized committees.
- Plan, implement and complete activities and deliverables for European and international projects.
- Assist in communications, information dissemination, and project stakeholder engagement.
- Assist in a communications strategy for the organization, including dissemination targets, identification of audiences, social media, and the development of compelling content.
You have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Communications or a similar field and two year’s relevant working experience.
- Fluency (near-native) in English.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- A sound knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to manage and prioritize your workload and ensure deadlines are met.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service to our members, colleagues, board, and stakeholders.
- A can-do attitude and a solution focused mindset.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information
- In possession of a valid and permanent work permit.
Advanced knowledge of healthcare management is an advantage.
Your project management skills
- Ability to write effectively and concisely.
- Productive engagement and building of project consortia.
- Assist in managing the relationship with project partners and other external stakeholders.
- Contribute to a learning and development culture by supporting the research of opportunities to develop existing or new projects.
- Keep collaborators up to date on project activities as needed.
Your communications skills
- Management of social media for dissemination purposes.
- Management of CMS platforms for website management (e.g. Wordpress).
- Effective use of newsletter clients.
- Developing and designing compelling content and engagement techniques (using content development tools and software).
- Plan and coordinate comprehensive communication campaigns.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to complete technical reports, summaries, meeting notes, briefings, etc.
- Familiarity with visual design tools and editing tools and applications.
- Understand and engage with external EHA activities to identify and exploit potential project dissemination opportunities.
- Contribute to the development of workplans and budgets as needed.
- Participate in the measuring, reporting and continuous improvement of organizational performance.
- Work with stakeholders, research partners, institutional, industry and subject matter experts.
- Foster relationship with project partners and build basis for long-term collaboration on multiple projects.
- A dynamic and international environment
- A salary ranging from €2,700 to €3,000 gross per month, depending on knowledge and experience
- 8% holiday allowance
- A collective pension plan
- 30 vacation days
- Commuting allowance
- The possibility to follow courses that contribute to your personal development
- EHA laptop and phone
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your motivation letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 13, 2021 (apply early - interviews may start earlier if suitable candidates apply)
Your application should be sent in one single file, not be more than 3 pages long, and should include a response to the following:
- Tell us about a project you have worked with, your key tasks within the project, and the outcomes achieved (maximum 350 words).
- Tell us about the planning and implementation of a communications campaign that you produced and were involved (maximum 350 words).
For questions, please contact the EHA Executive Office | +31 (0)70 3020 099
HR Officer: Liz Stokes, email@example.com
Head of Communications: Charles Kinney, firstname.lastname@example.org