Communication and Media Manager (40 hours)
The European Hematology Association (EHA) promotes excellence in patient care, research and education in hematology. EHA envisions a cure for all blood disorders by connecting hematologists worldwide, supporting their career development, harmonizing hematology education and advocating the interests of hematology and hematologists in the European arena.
The activities we undertake serve clinicians and scientists in their efforts to improve hematology care for patients. Each year, we organize a congress in a major European city attended by approximately 12,000 hematologists. In addition, we develop and organize education and training programs, publish a scientific journal, advocate for hematology, and offer a career development program. EHA is governed by the EHA Board and supported in its activities by various committees and the Executive Office located in The Hague. An international team of 30 staff members works in a dynamic, results-driven and open environment and takes pride in serving the association in an efficient manner.
For our Communication and Media department, we are looking for a
Communication and Media Manager (40 hours)
Reporting directly to the EHA Executive Director, we seek a proactive and collaborative manager who will take the EHA communication strategy to the next level.
- Coordinate and manage the Communication and Media team in the translation of the EHA story into online and offline media presence
- Prioritize and organize actions and resources within the Communication and Media team and in collaboration with EHA Executive Office team. This includes maintaining the communication calendar, campaign plans, etc.
- Quality assurance of the EHA brand in all communications
- Build and maintain an overview of EHA activities that require marketing and communication efforts
- Provide hands-on support when needed
- Review external communication materials from EHA management and colleagues as needed
- Stay on the lookout for opportunities for growth and innovation on tactical and strategic levels
Your knowledge and experience
- Bachelor or master’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing or any related field
- 5-10 years relevant work experience in communications, journalism, marketing or any related field, preferably with understanding of the non-profit or medical sector
- 3-5 years proven experience in leading and motivating teams
- Excellent English language skills and solid writing and editing background with relevant experience in developing communication and marketing strategies, reports, publications, presentations, stories, persuasive messaging
- Highly-organized, adept in working in dynamic environments, able to plan, prioritize, manage and execute multiple projects with a smile
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally and to influence stakeholders at all levels
- Strong networking, relations-building and interpersonal skills
- Good understanding of essential skills for communication-related work
- Collaborative, diplomatic and relationship-builder
- Intrinsically motivated
Who you are
You have a lively personality and a positive attitude. You are strong and confident and not afraid to express your opinion. You are pro-active, independent and possess a hands-on mentality. You have well-developed analytical skills. You are capable of distinguishing and establishing structures while not losing the overview or the overall goal. You are able to translate decisions and directions in to tasks and monitor execution and developments. Excellent and clear communication, particularly with professionals, is second nature to you. You see chances and opportunities. You enjoy working in a small organisation.
What we offer
- A challenging job in an international environment
- A salary based on knowledge and experience
- 8% holiday allowance
- A collective pension plan
- 30 vacation days
- Good travel reimbursement arrangements
- Possibility to follow training courses
If you are interested in this position, please send your motivation letter and your CV before August 12, 2019 to email@example.com. Please note that an assessment may form part of the interview procedure.
For questions, please contact Liz Stokes at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +31 (0)70 3020 099.