Digital Media and Content Specialist (32-40 hours)
The European Hematology Association (EHA) promotes excellence in patient care, research and education in hematology. EHA envisions a cure for all blood disorders by connecting hematologists worldwide, supporting their career development, harmonizing hematology education and advocating the interests of hematology and hematologists in the European arena.
The activities we undertake serve clinicians and scientists in their efforts to improve hematology care for patients. Each year, we organize a congress in a major European city attended by approximately 12,000 hematologists. In addition, we develop and organize education and training programs, publish a scientific journal, advocate for hematology, and offer a career development program. EHA is governed by the EHA Board and supported in its activities by various committees and the Executive Office located in The Hague. An international team of 30 staff members works in a dynamic, results-driven and open environment and takes pride in serving the association in an efficient manner.
For our Communication and Media department, we are looking for a
Digital Media and Content Specialist (32-40 hours)
As Digital Media Specialist, you will be creating multimedia content for dissemination via various online channels including, but not limited to, the EHA website and social media platforms. This position requires a strong background in website content management, social media, email marketing and graphic design.
Along with the Communication and Media team, you will develop digital media to meet specific communication and marketing objectives such as driving traffic to the EHA website and increasing engagement and awareness of EHA programs and services through social media and email marketing.
You will manage and update our online assets and support the development of new content as needed. You will ensure that EHA's digital communication and marketing materials (e.g. e-newsletters, mailers, social media messages, visuals) are appropriate, accurate, up-to-date, grammatically correct and consistent with EHA's branding and style guide.
Your knowledge and experience
To fulfill the needs for this position, you must have:
- a bachelor’s degree in digital media, communications, journalism, marketing or a related field
- an excellent command of the English language (oral and written)
- at least 3 years proven experience in managing content on websites and social media channels, online measurement platforms and social media management software (e.g. Hootsuite)
- current knowledge of digital media best practice and the eagerness to keep up-to-date with current and changing web trends
- the ability to identify content needs and determine the right channels
- the capacity to analyze data to inform decisions
- a good sense of visual communications and basic knowledge of video production
- proficiency in Content Management Systems (CMS), HTML, CSS, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- a good understanding of online community-building
- web content writing experience and copywriting skills
You are a digital native who knows how to tell a story in a limited number of characters, understands the value of compelling headlines, and the use of strong visuals and video in social media. The internet does not have secrets for you and you know that not all social media channels are created equally. You are always on top of the latest online trends, know where to find best practice and willingly share these with your colleagues. With your excellent communication skills, you collaborate and express yourself clearly and deliver communication that makes an impact.
As a communications professional, your resourcefulness and creativity know no bounds. You have a strong attention to detail and accuracy, plan your work and carry out your tasks with minimal supervision, make constructive suggestions and respond to challenges with a growth mindset. You undertake additional responsibilities but do not lose sight of what is primarily expected of you. You enjoy working in a small organization and are able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, in an organized way and with a smile.
Who you are
You have a lively personality and a positive attitude. You are strong and confident and not afraid to express your opinion. You are pro-active, independent and possess a hands-on mentality. You have well-developed analytical skills. You are capable of distinguishing and establishing structures while not losing the overview or the overall goal. You are able to translate decisions and directions in to tasks and monitor execution and developments. Excellent and clear communication, particularly with professionals, is second nature to you. You see chances and opportunities. You enjoy working in a small organisation.
What we offer
- A challenging job in an international environment
- A salary based on knowledge and experience
- 8% holiday allowance
- A collective pension plan
- 30 vacation days
- Good travel reimbursement arrangements
- Possibility to follow training courses
If you are interested in this position, please send your motivation letter and your CV before July 19, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions, please contact Liz Stokes at email@example.com or by phone +31 (0)70 3020 099.