The European Hematology Association (EHA) serves medical professionals, researchers, and scientists with an active interest in hematology. We are proud to be the largest European-based organization connecting hematologists worldwide to support career development and research, harmonize hematology education, and advocate for hematologists and hematology. EHA is governed by the EHA Board and supported in its activities by various committees. An international team of 35 staff members works in a dynamic, results-driven and open environment and takes pride in serving the association in an efficient manner.
For our Education department, we are looking for a talented, self-starting, and experienced
E-Learning Developer (36-40 hours)
EHA is looking for an E-Learning Developer passionate about developing learning experiences that facilitate knowledge.
The Education team is producing an increasing amount of online educational content, and would like to expand the current team to be able to produce more of this content in-house.
The primary responsibility of this role is to convert the story boards of content created by the Education Team into the digital version of the learning material. This position will support multiple learning modalities (e-learning modules, webinars, podcasts, algorithms, webpages etc.) focused primarily on online content creation.
The E-Learning Developer will be an integral member of the Education team, providing their expertise for all education projects but with specific focus on content development for the EHA learning platform, the EHA Campus.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing courses, websites and/or learning modules using course management software, web authoring tools, and eLearning technologies to meet strict timelines.
- Evaluating the pedagogical value of an instructional design plan, suggesting the use of technology, and revisions to the Education team and possibly other developers as necessary.
- Modifying and enhancing existing course design by using current and emerging technologies and applying knowledge of educational theory and best practices in pedagogy, while remaining consistent with the concepts of the Education team approach.
- Developing interactive instructional learning objects.
- Building and maintaining assessment and evaluation instruments.
- Researching and recommending new technologies in the field of education.
- Performing related duties as required in a fast-paced, continually changing environment
- Bachelor's degree in a related technical field and a minimum of four years’ experience, or a master’s degree in a related technical field and a minimum of two years’ experience. Experience must be in an area of instructional technology, eLearning design and implementation or related field.
- Demonstrated ability in industry-leading eLearning course development technology platforms such as Articulate or Adobe Captivate
- Demonstrated ability to perform the following specific production areas:
- Multimedia development including interactive learning objects
- Graphic and visual design skills with Adobe products
- Web design skills including HTML and CSS
- Experience in audio/narration editing
- Development of online courses in a learning management setting
- Course development and technology support in an academic setting
- Expertise in the use of eLearning development tool
- Experience in learning management systems
- Experience using social learning technologies
- Technology support in an academic setting
- Working knowledge of instructional design theory
- Experience and understanding of copyright as it applies to online content and images.
- Strong technical problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
It would be an advantage to have: a background as a medical writer with experience in writing for an online environment, especially e-learning modules.
A challenging role in an ambitious and growing international organization with a relevant mission. An independent job with an enthusiastic and hardworking team. The salary range is between €2,625 – €4,025 gross per month, based on full-time employment. Secondary employment conditions are attractive and include 30 vacation days, a collective pension plan, 8% holiday allowance, commuting allowance and the possibility to follow courses that contribute to your personal development. EHA is situated in the center of The Hague, near Central Station, and is easily accessible.
If you are interested in this position, please send your motivation letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 19, 2021. All applicants must be in possession of a valid work permit.
For questions, please contact the EHA Executive Office on +31 (0)70 3020 099
- HR Officer: Liz Stokes, email@example.com
- Head of Education and Training: Nathalie van Havre, firstname.lastname@example.org