Editorial Coordinator (24-32 hours)
The European Hematology Association (EHA) promotes excellence in patient care, research and education in hematology. EHA envisions a cure for all blood disorders by connecting hematologists worldwide, supporting their career development, harmonizing hematology education and advocating the interests of hematology and hematologists in the European arena.
The activities we undertake serve clinicians and scientists in their efforts to improve hematology care for patients. Each year, we organize a congress in a major European city attended by approximately 12,000 hematologists. In addition, we develop and organize education and training programs, publish a scientific journal, advocate for hematology, and offer a career development program. EHA is governed by the EHA Board and supported in its activities by various committees and the Executive Office located in The Hague. An international team of 30 staff members works in a dynamic, results-driven and open environment and takes pride in serving the association in an efficient manner.
In June 2017, EHA launched HemaSphere, a scientific open-access and online journal. The journal publishes original scientific articles, editorials and review articles, as well as opinions, political articles and hematology and EHA-related news. In less than two years, the journal has been indexed in ESCI and will soon be indexed in PubMed.
A team consisting of 2 Editors-in-Chief and 12 Associate Editors in collaboration with a professional publisher are driving HemaSphere.
To support this team, as well as contributors to HemaSphere, we are looking for a talented, self-motivated, and experienced
Editorial Coordinator (24-32 hours)
- Liaise with the Editors-in-Chief and editorial boards
- Collaborate with the publisher to ensure smooth and timely publication and working procedures.
- Central point of contact for author queries
- Coordinate the journal website with publisher
- Acquire content on hematology and EHA-related news, opinions and policy, etc.
- Contribute to activities regarding the promotion of HemaSphere
- Assist with manuscript submission
- Handle correspondence and telephone calls for the journal
- Participate in internal cross-portfolio projects
- KPI Reporting /journal metrics
- Contribute to journal strategy
- Coordinate editorial meetings
- Update reviewer/author databases and generates reports as needed.
- Perform other related tasks and duties as assigned.
Your knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent English language skills (verbal and written)
- Proven experience with scholarly communication and academic publishing
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Photoshop; Adobe Creative Cloud is a plus
- Familiarity with online manuscript submission and tracking systems is a plus
- Understand latest publication trends
- Scientific background is a plus
- Experience in online and social media is a plus
- Experience in open access is an advantage
- Able to establish and maintain good working relationships
- Self-starter, highly professional, with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, communication and negotiation skills
- A result-oriented and flexible attitude
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to work independently as well as cooperatively in a small team
- Available to travel / attend (inter)national meetings
Who you are
You have a lively personality and a positive attitude. You are strong and confident and not afraid to express your opinion. You are pro-active, independent and possess a hands-on mentality. You have well-developed analytical skills. You are capable of distinguishing and establishing structures while not losing the overview or the overall goal. You are able to translate decisions and directions in to tasks and monitor execution and developments. Excellent and clear communication, particularly with professionals, is second nature to you. You see chances and opportunities. You enjoy working in a small organisation.
What we offer
- A challenging job in an international environment
- A salary based on knowledge and experience
- 8% holiday allowance
- A collective pension plan
- 30 vacation days
- Good travel reimbursement arrangements
If you are interested in this position, please send your motivation letter and your CV before July 19, 2019 to email@example.com. Please note that an assessment may form part of the interview procedure.
For questions, please contact Liz Stokes by email or by phone +31 (0)70 3020 099.