The European Hematology Association (EHA) is a non-profit organization that supports and connects hematologists worldwide. EHA promotes excellence in patient care, research, and education in hematology towards a cure for all blood disorders. Our programs and services serve medical professionals, researchers, and scientists. We provide programs to enhance the professional development of hematologists. We support and mentor career development and research, harmonize hematology education, and advocate for hematologists and hematology at local and international levels. Based in the Netherlands, EHA is a foundation led and supported in its activities by a Board of distinguished peers, an international Executive Office, and specialized committees.
We are looking for a
Financial Controller (32-40 hours)
EHA is looking for an experienced financial controller. You will be responsible for the entire financial accounting and reporting process, the annual audit and the financial risk register. You bring an intrinsic interest or experience in the healthcare or non-profit sector. You enjoy working in a highly evolving field. You possess the skills to develop and roll out financial processes and procedures ensuring the continuous growth of EHA. You will report to the Head of Operations and work together with the department heads.
- Deliver periodic financial reporting, both internal and external
- Maintain the financial manual, including continuous process review and improvements
- Maintain the financial risk control framework
- Supervise the finance officer
- Prepare the annual report and accounts
- Supervise the annual financial audit
- Initiate process improvements to adjust to rapidly changing and high demanding situations
- Master’s degree in financial controlling, or related field
- At least 5 years’ experience as financial controller, auditor, finance manager or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience with RJ640
- Working knowledge in accounting software, preferably Exact Globe
- Excellent spreadsheet skills (Excel or equivalent)
- Proficient in Dutch and English (both oral and written)
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience in VAT declarations and other fiscal matters
- Ability to plan, prioritize, manage, and execute multiple projects simultaneously
- Strategic, collaborative, diplomatic, and capable of building relationships
- An effective team player with excellent interpersonal skills
What we offer
- A challenging role in an ambitious and growing international organization with a relevant mission.
- You will have an independent job with an enthusiastic and hardworking team.
- The salary range is between €4,000 - €5,800 gross per month (depending on knowledge and experience), based on full-time employment.
- Secondary employment conditions are attractive and include 30 vacation days, a collective premium free pension plan, 8% holiday allowance, commuting allowance and the possibility to follow courses that contribute to your personal development.
If you are interested in this position, please send your motivation letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must be in possession of a valid work permit to work in The Netherlands.