The European Hematology Association (EHA) is a non-profit organization located in The Hague, The Netherlands, which serves medical professionals, researchers, and scientists with an active interest in hematology. We are proud to be the largest European-based organization connecting hematologists worldwide to support career development and research, harmonize hematology education, and advocate for hematologists and hematology. EHA is governed by the EHA Board and supported in its activities by various committees. An international team of 40 staff members work in a dynamic, results-driven and open environment and take pride in serving the association in an efficient manner.
EHA is looking for an experienced financial controller supporting the Finance and Operations Department within EHA. You will be responsible for the full financial controlling tasks under supervision of the Finance Manager. We are looking for you if you have an intrinsic interest or experience in the healthcare/non-profit sector, if you are able to work in a demanding and highly evolving field, and if you are able to support us with the development and roll out of processes and procedures ensuring the continuous growth of EHA.
Financial Controller (40 hours)
Who we are looking for
- A financial controller who will work closely with the finance manager, department heads, and the EHA Executive Board.
- A professional who will develop and maintain communication lines within the office and with external stakeholders, including (but not limited to) EHA’s industry partners and healthcare professionals.
- An organized financial controller who is resilient to stress and able to adjust to rapidly changing and high demanding situations.
- A proactive, hands-on financial controller, with excellent, near-native command of the English language and an understanding of the sensitivities of working in an international environment.
As financial controller, you will report to the Finance Manager and Head of Operations.
- Preparation and processing of sales invoices
- Processing of purchase invoices
- Preparation of bank payments
- Processing of bank transactions
- Preparation of Dutch VAT returns and ICP declarations
- Supporting development of monthly financial reporting
- Supervising the annual financial audit
Your knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in financial controlling, or related field
- At least 5 years’ experience as assistant financial controller or financial controller
- Proven experience in ERP-systems, preferably Exact Globe
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel, and related MS programs
- Excellent English language skills
- Proficient analytical skills
- Excellent knowledge of the Dutch (and European) VAT system
- Ability to plan, prioritize, manage, and execute multiple projects simultaneously
- An effective team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- An understanding of the wider context whilst paying attention to finer details
- Well organized, independent and meticulous but flexible
- Excellent understanding and mastery of essential skills for financial-related work
- Strategic, collaborative, diplomatic, and capable of building relationships
- Intrinsic drive to achieve set goals
Who you are
You have a lively personality and a positive attitude. You are strong and confident and not afraid to express your opinion, but you are also curious and a good listener who values the input of others. You are pro-active, independent, and possess a hands-on mentality. You have well-developed analytical skills. You are capable of distinguishing and establishing structures whilst not losing the overview or the overall goal. You are able to direct decisions, and coordinate and monitor execution and developments. Excellent and clear communication, particularly with professionals, is second nature to you. You see chances and opportunities. You enjoy working in a small organization.
What we offer
- A challenging job in an international environment
- An entry gross salary ranging from €2,600 to €4,000 (depending on knowledge and experience)
- 8% holiday allowance
- A collective pension plan
- 30 vacation days
- Commuting allowance
- The possibility to follow courses that contribute to your personal development
- An international and dynamic work environment
If you are interested in this position, please send your motivation letter and CV by June 27, 2021 to email@example.com.
For questions, please contact the EHA Executive Office | +31 (0)70 3020 099
HR Officer: Liz Stokes, firstname.lastname@example.org