Finance & Operations Manager
The European Hematology Association (EHA) is a non-profit organization located in The Hague, The Netherlands, which serves medical professionals, researchers, and scientists with an active interest in hematology. We are proud to be the largest European-based organization connecting hematologist worldwide to support career development and research, harmonize hematology education, and advocate for hematologists and hematology. EHA is governed by the EHA Board and supported in its activities by various committees. An international team of 40 staff members work in a dynamic, results-driven, and open environment and take pride in serving the association in an efficient manner.
Finance & Operations Manager (40 hours)
We are looking for a Finance & Operations Manager to oversee daily activities across functions such as Finance, IT, HR, Office Management, and Regulatory compliance. Responsibilities include designing internal- & external EHA policies, and overseeing daily activities across Finance, Legal, HR, IT, and Office Management. You should be a responsible leader with an analytical and strategic mind and have a broad knowledge of the non-profit business model(s). Ultimately, you will ensure our operations run smoothly. If you are an uplifting people manager, committed to productivity and compliance, we would like to meet you.
As Finance & Operations Manager, you will report to the Managing Director.
- Develop and execute business strategy with the EHA Management Team, the EHA Executive Board, and EHA Board
- Design internal & external policies that align with overall strategy
- Implement efficient processes and standards
- Ensure compliance with local and international laws (e.g. data protection)
- Oversee the implementation of technology solutions throughout the organization
- Manage contracts and relations with customers, vendors, partners, and other stakeholders
- Evaluate risk and lead quality assurance efforts
- Mentor and motivate teams to achieve productivity and engagement
- Report on operational performance and suggest improvements
- Develop and track important KPIs and analyse trends
- Prepare and monitor budgets
- Inform key stakeholders of financial status and investment plans
- Ensure all financial operations comply with rules and regulations
- Present monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements to the Managing Director and EHA Board
- Coordinate audit activities
- Supervise the finance department to ensure smooth day-to-day transactions
Your knowledge and experience
- BSc/BA or MSc/MA in Business, Finance, or related field
- Proven experience as Finance & Operations Manager, CFO, Operations Director, or similar leadership role, preferably in a non-profit organization
- Familiarity with all business functions including HR, Finance, and IT
- Experience with implementing IT systems
- Knowledge of data analytics and reporting
- Good with numbers and financial planning
- Excellent English language skills
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership ability
- Analytical mind, knowledgeable with Finance programs, such as Exact (Globe), etc.
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Well organized, independent, and meticulous but flexible
- Excellent understanding and mastery of essential skills for financial-related work
- Strategic, collaborative, diplomatic, and capable of building relationships
- Intrinsic drive to achieve set goals
Who you are?
You have a lively personality and a positive attitude. You are strong and confident and not afraid to express your opinion, but you are also curious and a good listener who values the input of others. You are pro-active, independent, and possess a hands-on mentality. You have well-developed analytical skills. You are capable of distinguishing and establishing structures whilst not losing the overview or the overall goal. You can direct decisions, and coordinate and monitor execution and developments. Excellent and clear communication, particularly with professionals, is second nature to you. You see chances and opportunities. You enjoy working in a small organization.
What we offer
- A challenging job in an international environment
- A salary ranging from € 5,300 – 6,800 gross per month, depending on knowledge and experience
- 8% holiday allowance
- A collective pension plan
- 30 vacation days
- Commuting allowance
- The possibility to follow courses that contribute to your personal development
- An international and dynamic work environment
If you are interested in this position, please send your motivation letter and CV by Monday, September 27, 2021, to email@example.com.
For questions, please contact the EHA Executive Office | +31 (0)70 3020 099
HR Officer: Liz Stokes, firstname.lastname@example.org