GoCART Project Coordinator
The European Hematology Association (EHA) serves medical professionals, researchers, and scientists with an active interest in hematology. We are proud to be the largest European-based organization connecting hematologists worldwide to support career development and research, harmonize hematology education, and advocate for hematologists and hematology.
The field of cell and gene therapy is one of the most exciting developments in medicine. EHA and The European Society of Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT) formed a strategic partnership to empower Europe to become a global leader in the cellular therapy field for haematological diseases. These two leading European societies in the field of haematology and stem cell transplantation have joined forces in order to bring their collective resources and expertise to the newly founded GoCART coalition. The GoCART coalition is a multi-stakeholder coalition of patient representatives, health care professionals, pharmaceutical companies, regulators, Health Technology Assessment (HTA) bodies and reimbursement agencies, and medical organisations, collaborating to maximise the potential of cellular therapies manufactured from cells and tissues of hematopoietic origin. EHA and EBMT are founding members of this project.
EHA is looking for a:
GoCART Project Coordinator (40 hours)
As GoCART Project Coordinator you will be working with the EBMT project GoCART coordinator. Together you will play a crucial role in the success of this important project with the aim to support patients’ access to novel gene and cellular therapies manufactured from cells and tissues of hematopoietic origin, and to contribute to their health and well-being through innovation by multi-stakeholder collaboration on clinical data, standards of care, education and policy.
You will be reporting to the Education Manager at the EHA Executive Office and will interact directly with all members of the EHA Management Team.
Your joint tasks and responsibilities
- Overall management of the project, including day-to-day management of operations
- Ensure effective links between the GoCART project and the multi-stakeholder T2EVOLVE project in which EHA is involved
- Expand and fine tune the governance structure and strategic support to the Executive Committee of the coalition
- Ensure efficient collaboration and communication between all stakeholders
- Identify existing resources in the stakeholders’ portfolio as well create new resources in collaboration with stakeholders where gaps are identified by you
- Prepare and maintain a business plan for guaranteeing the sustainability of GoCART needs to be in place and updated by you
- Establish and maintain a communication strategy with all stakeholders via social media, websites, newsletters, press releases, brochures, factsheets and any other distribution channel
- Produce educational and communication materials about the project, in collaboration with the education and communications departments at EHA
International travel mostly within Europe (20-25 days per year) may be part of this job.
Your knowledge and experience
To fulfill the needs for this position, you must have:
- University degree (Master level)
- Up to 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience managing high level projects in related disciplines
- Solid writing and editing background with relevant experience in developing communication strategies, reports, publications, presentations, stories, persuasive messaging
- Excellent knowledge of the international media landscape
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Experienced use of Microsoft Office suite and project management online tools
Knowledge of medicine or biological science is a plus for this function
- Ability to communicate effectively with people in a multicultural / multilingual environment
- Capacity to influence others
- Excellent negotiation skills
- An enterprising nature, capable of taking initiatives
- An excellent networker
- Good eye for details and a methodological approach to work
What we offer
- A challenging job in an international environment
- A salary based on knowledge and experience, ranging from €4,056 to €5,128
- 8% holiday allowance
- A collective pension plan
- 30 vacation days
- Good travel reimbursement arrangements
- Possibility to follow training courses in relation to required skills, knowledge and competence
If you are interested in this position, please send your motivation letter and CV by January 8, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must be in possession of a valid work permit.
For questions, please contact the EHA Executive Office | +31 (0)70 3020 099
HR Officer: Liz Stokes, email@example.com