Instructional Design Coordinator
The European Hematology Association (EHA) serves medical professionals, researchers, and scientists with an active interest in hematology. We are proud to be the largest European-based organization connecting hematologists worldwide to support career development and research, harmonize hematology education, and advocate for hematologists and hematology. EHA is governed by the EHA Board and supported in its activities by various committees. An international team of 35 staff members works in a dynamic, results-driven and open environment and takes pride in serving the association in an efficient manner.
For our Education department, we are looking for a talented, self-starting, and experienced
Instructional Design Coordinator (36 - 40 hours)
EHA is looking for Instructional Design Coordinator passionate about designing learning experiences that facilitate knowledge.
The Education team is producing an increasing amount of online educational content and would like to expand the current team to be able to produce more of this content in-house.
The primary responsibility of the Instructional Designer is to design and develop learning and practicing experiences. The goal is to facilitate learners in acquiring knowledge, skills and competencies in an effective and appealing manner
The Instructional Design Coordinator will be an integral member of the Education team, providing their expertise for all education projects but with specific focus on content development for the EHA learning platform, the EHA Campus.
Responsibilities of this role will include:
- Creating engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances retention and transfer
- Working with subject matter experts to identify target audience’s training needs
- Setting instructional end goals and create content that matches them
- Visualizing instructional graphics, the user interface and the finished product
- Conducting instructional research and analysis on learners and contexts
- Applying, and analyzing trends and best practices in learning technologies and instructional design
- Providing exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
- Creating supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc.)
- Devising modes of assessment, such as tests or quizzes, to measure the effectiveness of the course
- Maintain project documentation and course folders
- Researching and recommending approaches in the field of education
- Performing related duties as required in a fast-paced, continually changing environment
- BS or MA degree in instructional design, educational or digital technology or similar relevant field
- Proven working experience in instructional design and with instructional technology for a minimum of two years
- In-depth knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills
- Understanding of varied learning styles
- Solid knowledge of course development software and several Learning Management Systems
- Visual design skills (Photoshop, Illustrator) and ability to storyboard
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio and video scripts
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
It would be an advantage to have a background as a medical writer with experience in writing for an online environment, especially e-learning modules, and basic HTML and Flash programming knowledge.
A challenging role in an ambitious and growing international organization with a relevant mission. An independent job with an enthusiastic and hardworking team. The salary range is between €2,625 – €4,025 gross per month, based on full-time employment. Secondary employment conditions are attractive and include 30 vacation days, a collective pension plan, 8% holiday allowance, commuting allowance and the possibility to follow courses that contribute to your personal development. EHA is situated in the center of The Hague, near Central Station, and is easily accessible.
If you are interested in this position, please send your motivation letter and CV to email@example.com by February 19, 2021. All applicants must be in possession of a valid work permit.
For questions, please contact the EHA Executive Office on +31 (0)70 3020 099
- HR Officer: Liz Stokes, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Head of Education and Training: Nathalie van Havre, email@example.com