The European Hematology Association (EHA) serves medical professionals, researchers, and scientists with an active interest in hematology. We are proud to be the largest European-based organization connecting hematologists worldwide to support career development and research, harmonize hematology education, and advocate for hematologists and hematology. EHA is governed by the EHA Board and supported in its activities by various committees. An international team of over 40 staff members works in a dynamic, results-driven, and open environment and takes pride in efficiently serving the association.
For our Education Team, we are looking for a talented, self-starting, and experienced
Medical Writer (32 - 40 hours)
EHA is looking for a Medical Writer who will be part of the Education team and work collaboratively with our Medical and Scientific Lead, and our Instructional Design Specialist to produce high-quality educational material. This material could be an online course, a short post for social media, or a text to support an online activity. The EHA Education team has nine members and focuses on creating high-quality, objective, and independent education for hematologists. The EHA Education team has recently started producing in-house courses, hence the need for this new team member.
The successful candidate will be:
- a near-native English speaker
- able to work in a fast-paced team on several varied projects simultaneously, with a commitment to timelines and minimal errors
- skilled in writing clear, grammatically correct, technical, and creative medical/scientific text in different styles and for different formats, such as e-learning modules, webinars, podcasts, PowerPoint presentations, texts for social media, assessment questions, promotional materials, etc.
- highly skilled at interpreting scientific papers and complex scientific data in an engaging way
- committed to accuracy in all materials produced, and able to incorporate revisions based on input from the cross-functional team, and external contributors
- able to work independently, but also collaborate and coordinate efficiently with other team members involved in the projects, and external education partners
- focused on quality control to safeguard the quality of written material
- holding exceptional editing skills
- willing to contribute to team duties as required in a continually changing environment
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree or an equivalent in a medical-related field or life science. Post-graduate degree strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree +8 years, Master's Degree +5 years, Doctoral Degree +2 years of relevant medical writing experience, especially writing in one or more area of hematology
- Fluency in English with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office) and experience with web-based project management tools
- Self-starter with excellent organizational and communication skills
- Result oriented and flexible attitude
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively in a team
- In possession of a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands
A challenging role in an ambitious and growing international organization with a relevant mission. An independent job with an enthusiastic and hardworking team. The salary range is between €3,000 – €4,500 gross per month based on full-time employment (40 hours per week) and based onbeducation and experience. Secondary employment conditions are attractive and include 30 vacation days, a collective pension plan, an 8% holiday allowance, a commuting allowance, and the possibility to follow courses that contribute to your personal development. EHA is situated in the center of The Hague, near Central Station, and is easily accessible.
If you are interested in this position, please send your motivation letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 14, 2021.
For questions, please contact the EHA Executive Office on +31 (0)70 3020 099
HR Officer: Liz Stokes, email@example.com
Head of Education and Training: Nathalie van Havre, firstname.lastname@example.org