Project Coordinator Education (40 hours)
The European Hematology Association (EHA) promotes excellence in patient care, research and education in hematology. EHA envisions a cure for all blood disorders by connecting hematologists worldwide, supporting their career development, harmonizing hematology education and advocating the interests of hematology and hematologists in the European arena.
The activities we undertake serve clinicians and scientists in their efforts to improve hematology care for patients. Each year, we organize a congress in a major European city attended by approximately 12,000 hematologists. In addition, we develop and organize education and training programs, publish a scientific journal, advocate for hematology, and offer a career development program. EHA is governed by the EHA Board and supported in its activities by various committees and the Executive Office located in The Hague. An international team of 30 staff members works in a dynamic, results-driven and open environment and takes pride in serving the association in an efficient manner.
For our Education department we are looking for a
PROJECT COORDINATOR EDUCATION (40 hours)
As Project Coordinator Medical Education, you will be involved in the overall organization and coordination of Educational Projects, which are part of EHA’s Medical Education Program.
- support and advise the Education Committee and its sub-committees in developing and implementing strategies and policies to drive education projects
- improve existing and develop new education tools/activities to meet the educational needs of hematologists
- maintain and apply up-to-date knowledge of relevant developments in the field of (medical) education e.g. on learning formats, compiling learning programs, measuring learning outcomes, etc.
- coordinate and execute education projects
- liaise with third parties such as IT companies to secure the high performance of the education systems EHA is using
- ensure there is a consistent high standard of quality and accuracy for all educational output
- take notes of meetings, maintain records, and follow up on action points
- advise EHA management on educational developments
- undertake special assignments as requested
- perform other duties as required
Your knowledge and experience
To fulfill the needs for this position, you must have:
- a bachelor’s/master’s degree, preferably in the field of adult education
- knowledge about and affinity with adult (medical) education
- at least 3 years of experience in working on a project-based approach and ability to execute projects independently
- experience with modern technologies, and online learning tools as well as interaction with IT-companies that provide services for online-learning
- excellent written and oral communication skills aimed at different target groups, both within and outside the organisation
- fluency in English
- affinity with the medical profession, preferably in the field of hematology
- experience in cooperating with professionals
- identifying, seizing and implementing opportunities
- excellent writing skills such as taking minutes and writing clear policy papers
- computer literacy (Microsoft Office)
- in possession of a valid residence and work permit for the Netherlands
- excellent organizational and communication skills
- a result oriented and flexible attitude
- excellent social skills: able to listen, empathic and able to handle matters tactfully
- able to handle multiple things at the same time and meet tight deadlines
- ability to coordinate activities
- diplomacy, and politically sensitive
- able to work independently as well as cooperatively in a small team
- available to travel/attend (inter)national meetings
Who you are
You have a lively personality and a positive attitude. You are strong and confident and not afraid to express your opinion. You are pro-active, independent and possess a hands-on mentality. You have well-developed analytical skills. You are capable of distinguishing and establishing structures while not losing the overview or the overall goal. You are able to translate decisions and directions in to tasks and monitor execution and developments. Excellent and clear communication, particularly with professionals, is second nature to you. You see chances and opportunities. You enjoy working in a small organisation.
What we offer
- a challenging job in an international environment
- a salary based on knowledge and experience
- 8% holiday allowance
- a collective pension plan
- 30 vacation days
- good travel reimbursement arrangements
- possibility to follow training & courses
If you are interested in this position, please send your motivation letter and your CV by July 22, 2019 to email@example.com.
For questions, please contact Liz Stokes at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +31 (0)70 3020 099.