Senior Communications and Marketing Content Writer
Hematologic diseases, disorders of the blood, and blood-forming organs afflict millions of Europeans each year. The European Hematology Association (EHA), located in the heart of The Hague (Netherlands) is a non-profit and membership organization serving clinicians and researchers with an active interest in hematology in Europe and beyond. Our mission is to promote excellence in patient care through education, research, and advocacy.
Hematology is constantly changing and evolving. We help our members stay up to date by delivering a structured educational program, created by hematologists for hematologists. We offer a range of career development programs to help clinicians and researchers grow professionally. We also advocate for hematologists and hematology at local and international levels.
We are looking for an intrinsically motivated, results-driven and outgoing
Senior Communications and Marketing Content Writer (80-100%)
This is a varied, challenging and rewarding role where you will be working with a range of international, internal and external stakeholders to deliver an ambitious communications and marketing program. To be successful in this service-oriented role it is essential that you demonstrate a genuine interest in communications and marketing, research and education. To be an ideal candidate, you must be a passionate writer in addition to a constant (editorial) innovator and challenger of the status quo. Moreover, you possess a strong combination of IQ & EQ: intellectual curiosity, an 'entrepreneurial' mindset, and natural storytelling ability.
- Foster rigor of writing, commitment to accuracy, depth of thought, and quality of prose
- Research new (hematologic, societal, economic …) topics and propose fresh story ideas
- Produce engaging content for different communication and marketing purposes, such as web pages, social media, mailings, blogs, speeches, articles, press releases and other public communications projects
- Edit, revise, and proofread multiple types of content for different communication and marketing purposes
- Optimize content for search engines, lead generation, and conversions with a particular focus on keywords
- Build, plan, and execute content distribution strategies (dissemination channels, paid, non-paid, direct, indirect, selective, exclusive)
- Track analytics, create report and presentation for cross-media marketing campaigns, and carry out projects post-mortem
- University degree with specialization in English, journalism, communications, PR, marketing or a related field and experience in content creation
- 7-10 years of experience in medicine, pharma, or healthcare in a similar function either on the corporate, agency or IGO, NGO, NPO side
- Native English speaker with a passion for writing and storytelling, as well as an eye for detail, quality and style
- Ability to develop, plan and coordinate comprehensive integrated marketing communications campaigns
- An analytical mind and interest in using data to optimize/scale marketing communications strategies and tactics
- Team player with excellent time management, positive attitude, and a sense of humor
What we offer:
- The opportunity to bring a voice to our brand and make an impact in a growing international organization with a powerful purpose
- A bustling, fun and friendly communications team that acts with high integrity, tolerance and professionalism
- The salary range is between €3,800 - €5,300 gross per month, based on full-time employment
- High degree of autonomy, flexibility, and responsibility
- Hybrid working: 40% home and 60% office
- Secondary employment conditions are attractive and include 30 vacation days, a collective premium free pension plan, 8% holiday allowance, commuting allowance and the possibility to follow courses that contribute to your personal development.
If you are interested in this role, please send your motivation letter, CV and an appropriate selection of text samples latest February 8, 2023, to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must be in possession of a valid work permit to work in the Netherlands.