EHA-JSH Fellowship Exchange Program
The EHA-JSH Collaborative Exchange Program is intended to foster collaborations between European and Japanese research groups by funding short term visits of up to 4 months. Research should focus on hematological disorders and the differences between Europe and Japan and determining factors. Exchange of new information and technologies in basic hematology is relevant.
Funding of max €10,000 or JPY 1,000,000 will be awarded. The funds are to be spent in accordance with the budget presented with the application. The grant is mainly designed to cover supplies, travel, housing, and a per diem. The award does not cover the salary of the scientist; it is assumed that salary will be paid by the home institution.
- Applicant must be an MD or PhD (or equivalent). In case of an institutional application or the submission on behalf of a research group the principal applicant must be a MD or PhD
- Applicant must be a EHA member or EHA Guest and/or member of JSH. In case of an institutional application or the submission on behalf of a research group the principal applicant must be a EHA member or EHA Guest and/or member of JSH
- If the exchanging scientist is from Europe, the host institute must be in Japan. If the exchanging scientist is from Japan, the host institute must be in Europe
- Both clinical and laboratory-based researchers will be considered
- Proficiency in English is required
EHA supports short term collaboration. Usually, this is not planned years in advance. To facilitate, applications will be reviewed as they are submitted. Notification will follow within 4 months upon applying.
Required documents need to be submitted using the application template and the applicant, home and host institute must agree to the Terms & Conditions (see below).
Access the application template here.
A European review committee will review the European applicants and a Japanese review committee will review the Japanese applicants. Only those applications that are eligible will be reviewed. The reviewers will score feasibility, scientific value and the value the exchange will have for the collaboration between the groups.
Terms & Conditions
- Awardees must provide EHA and JSH with financial reports regarding costs and spending of the grant funds. Eligible expenses include: supplies, travel/transport, accommodation and a per diem. All expenditures must be documented with original receipts, vouchers or invoices
- Awardees must provide EHA and JSH with reports regarding the results of the exchange and how the grant funds facilitated the collaboration and networking
- Applicants must agree to respond to follow-up surveys administered by EHA and JSH in the future
- EHA’s award policy applies to this program