You are a hematologist working at an academic center or a large community hospital that is known for running clinical trials. You have an interest in clinical science proven by either having been involved as a co-investigator, in (co-)developing clinical trial protocols and/or or by (co-) authorship of publications about clinical trials. You have a keen interest and experience in designing and executing clinical trials. You are looking for mentorship and want to achieve excellence as a clinical scientist.
Should you not feel comfortable making this commitment to travel in 2021, we suggest you apply next year.
It is possible that due to the prevailing pandemic situation at the time of selection of winners (March 2021), applicants from certain geographical areas' acceptance might be limited.
Twenty early-career scientists will be selected to participate in the course.
Meet alumni and learn more about the CTRH program!
- Applicant must be a trainee or junior faculty and hold an MD or MD/PhD
- Applicant must be actively employed in a hematology or hematology-related research environment
- The applicant must be an EHA member or EHA Guest at the time of application submission and throughout the term of the award program
- Applicants from the same institution are eligible to apply. However, no more than ONE participant working in the same lab/research unit will be selected and no more than TWO participants from the same institution will be selected
- Applicants with the same supervisor are eligible to apply; however, no more than ONE participant from a specific supervisor will be selected.
- Institution is defined as the institution where the applicant will be conducting research during the CRTH Program year, NOT the location of a prior supervisor or a department head at an institution the applicant may return to later
- The applicant must be available to attend all three meetings and have the full support of the institute (or manager) to attend, which is confirmed by a signature of the manager or the party that decides on clinic duty schedules etc.
- Proficiency in English is required
- Applicants working primarily on laboratory research projects will not be considered
- Please see EHA’s policy regarding multiple career development opportunities.