Is TRTH for me?
Please see the eligibility criteria in the dropdown menu below.
- Applicants must be a trainee or junior faculty and hold an MD and/or PhD or biomedical PhD or pharmacy PharmD degree (or equivalents) in basic and translation research in classical or malignant hematology.
- MD applicants must be within twelve years of post-graduation at the time of the deadline for full application. PhD applicants must have less than eight years of post-doc experience after graduation at the time of the deadline for full application. Applicants holding both an MD and a PhD must be within 12 years of MD-graduation. Exceptions may be made for interruptions in an applicant's academic pursuits. However, such circumstances must be explained by the applicant in the application. If you would like to request an exception, please, contact the EHA office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicants must be actively employed in a hematology or hematology-related research environment.
- Proficiency in English is required.
- At the time of application and for the duration of the TRTH program, eligible applicants must be in classical or malignant hematology-related fellowship training.
- Fellowship training is defined as any sub-specialty training in hematology irrespective of whether this training is concurrent with another training program.
EHA and ASH membership:
- Both the applicant and the applicant's mentor should be either an EHA member, or an ASH member at the time of LOI submission and throughout the term of the award program.
Institute and Mentor:
- Applicants from the same institution are eligible to apply. However, no more than ONE participant working in the same lab/research unit will be selected and no more than TWO from the same institution.
- Applicants with the same mentor are eligible to apply. However, no more than ONE participant from a specific mentor will be selected.
- Institution is defined as the institution where the applicant will be conducting research during the TRTH Program year, NOT the location of a prior mentor or a department head at an institution the applicant may return to later.
- Mentor is defined as the research supervisor at that institution.
- The focus of the TRTH program is on laboratory-based translational research in hematology fields.
- Research projects must be hypothesis-driven and directly connected to some aspects of human biology. Projects may encompass any form of cellular, molecular, structural, biochemical, genetic, or other appropriate experimental approach using human biological material or human subjects with the aim of reaching novel insights into human biology. Pilot and early phase clinical studies translating the laboratory discoveries "to the bedside" may be included in the proposal, however, pure clinical trial projects with laboratory correlatives will not be considered.
- Applicants with certain professional credentials will not be considered, such as principal investigators, applicants holding more senior faculty positions, including being an established research group leader, and applicants who have obtained funding indicative of independent research status, tenure-track faculty with more than 2 years’ experience at this faculty level.
- TRTH is not designed for those with less than 2 years of postdoctoral research experience.
- Applicants working primarily on clinical research projects will not be considered.
- Applicants cannot receive multiple career development opportunities in the same program year. Participation in the TRTH program will disqualify the applicant for a Research award, CRTI program or other funding opportunities provided by ASH that start in the same calendar year that TRTH starts. However, awards may be given to previous award winners in subsequent years.
- Applicants who have been accepted to ASH's Clinical Research Training Institute (CRTI) program and are still within the CRTI program year are not eligible to apply for the TRTH program until after completion of the CRTI year.
- Please see EHA’s policy regarding multiple career development opportunities.
- Applicants must be in the possession of a valid passport and permits that allow them to travel abroad.
Ludovic Lhermitte explique pourquoi vous devriez appliquer
Hear why you should apply