Be part of the YoungEHA Committee!
European Hematology Association
The European Hematology Association (EHA) promotes excellence in patient care, research and education in hematology. The EHA accomplishes this through several key activities: organizing an annual congress, providing grants and mentoring programs, providing an educational program based on the European Hematology Curriculum, publishing a journal HemaSphere, and lobbying and advocacy. To meet its global objectives, EHA also has outreach programs outside Europe.
Instated in 2017, the YoungEHA Committee is currently composed of 7 young hematologists and scientists with diverse hematology research back grounds representing the YoungEHA community. The YoungEHA community consists of early career researchers and clinicians in hematology.
Current members are:
- Verena Gaidzik, Ulm, Germany (Chair)
- Heiko Becker, Freiburg, Germany
- Ann-Kathrin Eisfeld, Ohio, United States
- Michaela Gruber, Vienna, Austria
- Fabienne McClanahan, Ohio, United States
- Marek Mraz, Brno, Czech Republic
- Christian Scharenberg, Stockholm, Sweden
The role of the YoungEHA Committee
The YoungEHA Committee represents the voice of young researchers and clinicians in hematology in EHA. The Committee achieves this by advising the EHA Board and relevant committees about activities related to junior European hematologists and scientists.
Some projects the YoungEHA Committee is currently working on are:
- Organization of the YoungEHA track at EHA’s annual congress
- Articles in Hemasphere on different topics relevant for young hematologists and scientists
- Creating a toolkit for research, diagnosis and treatment on the YoungEHA webpage
- Giving feedback to EHA board and all EHA committees about issues relevant to EHA junior members
The YoungEHA Committee is supported by the EHA Executive Office and works closely together with the other EHA committees
Requirements for YoungEHA Committee Members
- Members must be active, fully paid up EHA members during their entire term on the YoungEHA Committee
- Members are obliged to disclose their affiliations before official appointment by the EHA Board. In addition, they will be requested to update their disclosures on a yearly basis
- Members serve between 2 and 4 years
- The Committee meets once a year and has additional teleconferences on a need to basis
The YoungEHA Committee is expanding and therefore we are looking for 2 new members who meet the following requirements:
- Interest in YoungEHA committee and its activities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- EHA junior member
- Commitment to YoungEHA
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in joining the YoungEHA Committee:
Send your CV and a motivation letter to email@example.com detailing how EHA is or can be of added value to your work, what gaps exist and what value EHA could add in your country and or Institute.
The call for applications will close on July 3, 2018 at 23:59 CEST.
The selection of candidates will take place in July 2018, followed by approval of the YoungEHA Committee in September 2018.