EHA Pediatric Course 2019
Dates: April 3-6, 2019
Location: Hotel Riviera, Sorrento, Italy
Pediatric Hemato-Oncology is a very specialized branch of hematology. It is one of the paradigm hematology sub-specialties for consideration at a European level since there are too few specialists and trainees to organize training on a national level within each individual country. Seeing the importance of continuing education in this field, there have been 8 EHA-affiliated Pediatric Hemato-Oncology courses produced since 2003. It is the only program of such nature available in Europe and the same course organizers hope to continue with it in 2019.
The course philosophy of the EHA Pediatric Course 2019 is to solve real clinical cases linking basic science to the clinic. The course organizers aim to create a friendly and informal atmosphere to encourage exchange of scientific ideas for ongoing and future projects.
The numbers of trainees and the size of the specialty inevitably mean that the number of course participants is always likely to be fairly modest and has hitherto been 60-70.
- Leukemia (ALL, AML, MDS)
- Bone marrow failure and immunodeficiency
- Haemopoietic stem cell transplantation
- Consultative pediatric hematology
- Red cell disorders
Seminars on selected topics
- Inherited bone marrow failure syndromes as predisposition to MDS and Leukaemia
- Lessons from leukemia models for therapy resistance and cell death induction
- Gene therapy
A preliminary program of the course is available here.
Please note that attendees will not receive EBAH-CME credits after attending this course.
Registration is now closed.
The course will be conducted in English.
Letter of invitation
Upon request, the Secretariat will send a personal letter of invitation to participate in the course, to assist participants to obtain a visa or for any “administrative” need.
Group transfers will be provided from Naples (airport or railway station) to Sorrento. For this purpose, each participant should specify the need in the registration form. On the basis of this information, "fixed transfers" will be organized from Naples to Sorrento.
Related articles on HemaSphere
- Maintenance therapy with interleukin-2 for childhood AML: Results of ELAM02 phase III randomized trial Read more >
- Molecular profiling defines distinct prognostic subgroups in childhood AML: A report from the French ELAM02 study group Read more >