ESH-EBMT-EHA 3rd Translational Research Conference
ESH-EBMT-EHA 3rd Translational Research Conference on Bone Marrow Failure and Leukaemia Predisposition Syndromes
Date: November 15-17, 2024
Location: Paris, France
Chairpersons: Carmem Bonfim, Tim Brümmendorf, Antonio Risitano, Sharon Savage
Scientific Committee: Beatrice Drexler, Carlo Dufour, Morag Griffin, Régis Peffault de Latour
With the support of the Severe Aplastic Anaemia Working Party of the EBMT and the EHA SWG on Granulocyte and Bone Marrow Failures
The ESH-EBMT-EHA 3rd Translational Research Conference: Bone Marrow Failure and Leukaemia Predisposition Syndromes will be of particular value for clinicians and non- clinical scientists, M.D. and Ph.D. of all ages interested in the biology, pathophysiology, diagnosis and treatment of bone marrow failure syndromes (BMFS) and leukaemia predisposition syndromes.
We will not only discuss the standard of care in acquired but also inherited BMFS occurring in adult and paediatric patients, but particularly focus on new underlying principles and evolving new treatment strategies.
In good tradition of ESH, we will put special effort on low threshold exchange between young scientists and experts in the field, as well as between clinicians and basic scientists. Meet-the-experts workshop as well as poster walks will allow to highlight topics of special attention and to enable further in-depth exchange. Our dedicated faculty will secure the highest standard of both clinical, translational and basic research.
Topics that will be covered are:
- Stem cell biology
- Inherited predisposition to leukaemia
- Constitutional marrow failure 2
- Constitutional marrow failure 3: telomere biology diseases and others…
- AA & PNH: 1. Pathophysiology and diagnosis
- AA & PNH: 2. CHIP and clonal evolution in BMFS
- Treatment of aplastic anaemia
- Treatment of paroxysmal nocturnal haemoglobinuria
- Expanding areas in BMFS
For further details on the program, see the conference website.
Upon completion of this CME activity, participants include:
- Improve understanding of the stem cell biology of BMF, from genotoxic stress, inflammaging to failure
- Acquire knowledge of recent advances in Fanconi Anaemia, Ribosome diseases and telomere biology disorder
- Gain insight into novel therapeutics of Paroxysmal Nocturnal Haemoglobinuria and idiopathic Aplastic Anaemia, including knowledge of complement cascade, the current developmental status of various targeted drugs and of novel antibody-based and small molecules based immunotherapeutic approaches, and their promise for future clinical application
- Acquire an overview of emerging approaches and new challenges such as genetic editing of haemopoietic stem cells, single cell RNA sequencing in haemopoiesis and genetic predisposition for myeloid malignancies.
Registration is open and includes access to the scientific meeting and materials, F&B during the meeting and a Welcome reception. For further details see the registration page.
Abstract submission is an important part of this meeting and accepted abstracts will be presented as oral or poster presentations. Abstract submission is open - the deadline is August 25, 2024.
For more information and to submit your abstract, please see the abstract submission page.