EHA and PTHiT Successfully Conclude the Second Joint Virtual Mini Hematology Tutorial
EHA-PTHiT Mini Hematology Tutorial
November 15-16, 2021
- Prof G Gaidano (European Hematology Association)
- Prof I Hus (Polish Society of Hematology and Transfusion)
- Prof T Robak (Polish Society of Hematology and Transfusion)
After a successful mini Tutorial in April 2021, EHA and PTHiT decided to organize a second two evening Tutorial, awaiting a full physical Tutorial in Poland. On November 15-16, in four sessions, the mini tutorial focussed on assessing and increasing knowledge of the treatment of myeloid and lymphoid diseases.
The Tutorial included the following topics:
- Current treatment strategies in chronic myeloid leukemia,
- A new set of treatment options for low-risk myelodysplastic syndrome,
- Current treatment standards and emerging strategies in mantle cell lymphoma,
- New treatment strategies for multiple myeloma.
Through lectures, interactive self-assessment cases and clinical case presentations, participants of the mini Tutorial did not only hear from experts in the field, but could also test their knowledge on the topic at hand. The mini Tutorial was attended by 70 unique attendees from over 34 countries, Poland, Romania, Egypt, Slovakia, Sri Lanka and the United States, amongst others.
Using the end-of-day and end-of-meeting evaluation, most attendees strongly agreed that the meeting was stimulating and challenging.
EHA would like to thank the Polish Society of Hematology and Transfusion, faculty, and attendees for their contribution to the Tutorial’s success.