EU calls for proposal 2023
Horizon Europe is the research and innovation programme of the EU for the period 2021-2027. The programme facilitates research collaboration and strengthens the impact of R&I in developing, supporting and implementing EU policies while tackling global challenges. In Health, the program promotes a healthy living, tackles diseases and aims to reduce disease burden, ensures access to innovative and high-quality healthcare, and promotes the fight against cancer.
The EU’s priorities in health policy are reflected in its new multiannual (2021-2027) funding programs. The programs most closely monitored by EHA are:
Horizon Europe, the EU framework program for research and innovation with a dedicated Health Cluster and Cancer Mission.
EU4Health, the EU’s response to the COVID pandemic. EU4Health provides action grants to boost the crisis preparedness and resilience of European health systems, and to support the objectives of the Beating Cancer Plan and Pharmaceutical Strategy.
Innovative Health Initiative (IHI), public-private funding programme focusing on health research and innovation.
Below is an overview of recently published calls with potential relevance for hematology.
Horizon Europe calls for Proposal:
- European Partnership on Personalised Medicine: deadline, April 13, 2023
- Clinical trials of combined Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products (ATMPs): deadline, April 13, 2023
- Supporting the uptake of innovative Health Technology Assessment (HTA) methodology and advancing HTA expertise across EU: deadline, April 13, 2023
- Integrated, multi-scale computational models of patient patho-physiology (‘virtual twins’) for personalised disease management: deadline, April 13, 2023
- Mapping the hurdles for the clinical applications of Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products (ATMPs): deadline, April 13, 2023
- Harnessing the potential of real-time data analysis and secure Point-of-Care computing for the benefit of person-centred health and care delivery: deadline, April 13, 2023
- Developing a Data Quality and Utility Label for the European Health Data Space: deadline, April 13, 2023
- Pragmatic clinical trials on minimally invasive diagnostics: deadline, 12 April 2023
- Establish best practices and tools to improve the quality of life for childhood cancer patients, survivors and their families in European regions: deadline, 12 April 2023
- Addressing poorly-understood tumour-host interactions to enhance immune system-centred treatment and care interventions in childhood, adolescent, adult and elderly cancer patients: deadline, 12 April 2023
IHI calls for proposals:
- Screening platform and biomarkers for prediction and prevention of diseases of unmet public health need: deadline, March 15, 2023
- Patient-generated evidence to improve outcomes, support decision making, and accelerate innovation: deadline, March 15, 2023
- Strengthening the European translational research ecosystem for advanced therapy medicinal products (ATMPs) for rare diseases: deadline, March 15, 2023
- Patient-centric blood sample collection to enable decentralised clinical trials and improve access to healthcare: draft proposal, deadline unknown yet. For more information, consult the webinar session by IHI.