VIRTUAL: EHA-TSH Hematology Tutorial
June 25&26, 2021
- Prof S Eichinger (European Hematology Association)
- Prof H Özsan (Turkish Society of Hematology)
In close collaboration with the Turkish Society of Hematology, EHA has annually organized live, joint tutorials (nine in the series), which are organized as part of the Turkish School of Hematology, a training program for Turkish fellows in hematology. Unfortunately cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the tutorial is back in 2021 – and now fully virtually.
The 2021 virtual tutorial spanned two days and focused on Immune Hematological Disorders:
- Antiphospholipid Syndrome,
- Acquired Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura,
- Heparin Induced Thrombocytopenia,
- Immune Thrombocytopenia,
- Immune Neutropenia.
Each session included a lecture, an illustrative patient-based clinical case, and a self-assessment case during which attendees could test their knowledge on the topic.
Delegates could post questions in the Q&A to have the answered verbally by the speakers, both in-between presentations and during the extended Q&A time at the end of the session.
Over 60 fellows registered for the meeting, with an average attendance of 41 unique viewers per session.
Using the end-of-day and end-of-meeting evaluation, most strongly agreed that the meeting was stimulation and challenging, and 75% rated the overall meeting as excellent.
The faculty also appreciated the meeting:
- “Your logistics made it such an easy meeting, which makes a nice change!”.
- “It has been a very important participation and experience for me. It was an incredible excitement to be in the same session with Marie Scully. I hope I can take part in EHA organizations again in new sessions and tutorials in the future.”