Highlights from the SWG
The European Scientific foundation for Laboratory Hemato Oncology (ESLHO), together with the three scientific consortia EuroClonality, EuroMRD, and EuroFlow, share the same 4 goals: research & innovation of diagnostic patient care, standardization of laboratory diagnostics, quality assessment, and education. ESLHO supports the three consortia in achieving these goals by performing a broad set of consortium management tasks, including organization of meetings, representation at international conferences, financial administration, internal and external communication, support of work packages, support of quality assessment schemes, development of educational materials, support of patent prosecution processes, and other valorization activities.
- The three consortia met each other in November 2022 in Katowice, Poland, at our annual meeting week. Highlight of this week was the 11th ESLHO Symposium, at which several consortium participants presented exciting new developments in the field of hemato-oncology laboratory diagnostics. From the many abstracts that were submitted, the Scientific Committee selected several for an oral presentation. The remaining abstracts were presented as poster during the poster session. The EuroClonality, EuroMRD and EuroFlow participants together ranked the posters, resulting in a winner that was rewarded with a poster prize.
- In 2022, we continued to further professionalize our ESLHO networks with extra attention for transparency and sustainability, by updated the legal structure for participating institutes.
- From a scientific point of view, 2022 was a very successful year for our Consortia. In total, we published 25 publications on our collaborative work in peer-reviewed journals – all open access.
- The launch of the new websites of ESLHO and the three consortia has been completed in 2022
- A new EuroClonality educational book on NGS-based immunogenetic analysis has been published in 2021. This book contains 12 publications of the EuroClonality-NGS Working Group that came out between 2017 and 2021.