EHA European Affairs
Advocating the interests of hematology and hematologists in Europe
By engaging with EU institutions and other relevant stakeholders – patients, other medical professions, pharmaceutical companies, issue-based expert groups – EHA promotes the interests of its members in key policy areas. We do so primarily by:
- Raising awareness of hematology as a distinct medical discipline with specific needs
- Increasing the visibility of EHA as the representative of all hematologists in Europe
- Advocating key EHA positions vis-à-vis policymakers, politicians and interest groups
- Contributing to policy debates, in order to influence future legislation/regulation
- Building relationships and alliances that support and strengthen our advocacy work.
EHA strives to achieve more and better research funding opportunities, improve regulation, increase the availability and affordability of medicines, and harmonize education and training of hematologists. Find a summary of our advocacy priorities here.
For more information about our views and policy recommendations on these key advocacy issues, see EHA’s five Position Papers.
Watch the Advocacy session videos from 23rd EHA Congress here