Last updated: May 18, 2018
We (“EHA”) process personal data from our members, participants, grantees and other contact persons, in order to provide our services in the best way possible. Our services are ultimately aimed at completing our mission towards a cure for all blood disorders. This statement explains how and why we are processing personal data. This privacy statement relates to all our processes involving personal data.
For any questions on how we protect your personal data, you can always contact us by e-mail email@example.com or telephone +31703020099.
Who we are
The European Hematology Association (“EHA”) is a non-profit membership organization (association) for individuals with an active interest in the field of hematology. Our Executive Office is located at Koninginnegracht 12b, 2514 AA The Hague, the Netherlands.
Which personal data we collect
Depending on the type of services you use from us, we collect the following personal data:
Name, address, gender, phone number, e-mail address, date of birth, country of residence, profession, organization of employment, country of residence, pictures, participation details for the Congress and / or Meetings, including payment details, CV, publications, disclosures, and travel information.
Why we process personal data
We process personal data most of the time because we have a legitimate interest:
- Membership and related services. In our membership database, we record personal data such as name, address, contact details, profession, date of birth and country of residence. We do this in order to process and manage your membership and provide you with our services, and all the activities and benefits related thereto, in the best way we can. Date of birth is for example processed because we provide different types of membership depending on age (early career discount). We will also email you in relation to your membership and if you agree, will email you about our activities we believe are of interest to you.
- Registration for meetings. We need your name and contact details in order to provide you with information on the meetings. We organize meetings on different hematological topics and in different countries. Therefore, profession and country of residence are processed.
- Promotional purposes. We send promotional mailings in order to obtain new members, sponsors, registrations and faculty for Congress and meetings, partnerships with other organizations and any other relevant contact persons.
- Information about EHA. We also send mailings like EHA Newsletters and updates by email on general activities related to our mission, Annual Congress, Education, Research and Publications for which you can subscribe (opt-in). You can always change this (opt-out) for (one of the categories of) our mailings via the unsubscribe link in each of our mailings. For specific mailings, it is not possible to opt-out as we need to communicate certain information to our members and or participants.
Some of the personal data is processed based on compliance with a legal obligation (e.g. in relation with tax authorities).
Rights of the data subjects
You have certain rights in order to be assured of the protection and privacy of your personal data. These rights are:
- Right to information and access: You can request from us which personal data we are processing and obtain access to this personal data.
- Right to rectification: You can request us to modify your personal data in case you believe that this personal data is not up to date or accurate.
- Right to withdraw consent: You can withdraw your consent given to the processing of personal data. For mailings, we will process your unsubscription as soon as possible.
- Right to be forgotten: You may ask for deletion of your personal data. However, we might retain certain personal data for other purposes (such as for our administration and in order to avoid duplication).
- Right for data portability: You may ask for transfer of your personal data, to be provided back to you or transferred to another personal data controller.
- File a complaint: If you believe that we do not process your personal data in compliance with the GDPR, you can file a complaint with the Dutch DPA (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens).
You can always contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions and/or would like to exercise one of the abovementioned rights.
We keep your personal data as long as we deem necessary for the proper fulfillment of our services.
We make use of different service providers in order to carry out our services who need to process your personal data. We will ensure that they do this in agreement and in accordance with our instructions.
We do not transfer your personal data to countries outside the EU. In case we do so, we will ensure that your personal data is processed in line with the GDPR.
We never sell or provide personal data to third parties for commercial purposes. Personal data is only provided to affiliated third parties in order for us to execute our services.
Changes to privacy statement
We regularly review and, where necessary, update our privacy statement. We reserve our right to amend and update this privacy statement without notice at any time.