Research Mobility Grants
The call for applications is now open. Apply now
EHA strives to develop the career of young scientists through support of mobility by facilitating a visit to a research group in another institute. Both institutes should have complementary expertise as this visit is intended to promote collaboration between the institutes.
- PhD graduates within 1 year of PhD graduation
- PhD students
- MD’s with a keen interest in pursuing a career in research, within 1 year of PhD graduation or hematology accreditation
- Applicants may be of any nationality
- The home and host institutes must be academic research centres or proven equivalent, in different countries and one of them must be in Europe
- At the time of application, the applicant should be a member of EHA or EHA Guest
What is supported?
- Travel and accommodation expenses up to € 10.000, - for a project with a duration of up to 3 months
- If the amount is not sufficient to fully cover the expenses or if the project is for a longer time (up to 6 months), a justification must be shared for how the other expenses are covered
- Specification of maximum amount of funding by justification of budget. All expenditures must be documented with original receipts, vouchers or invoices
What is not supported?
- Overhead costs
- Salary of the grantee
Terms and conditions
Grantee will be held to terms and conditions as described here.
- The call is open throughout the year
- Applications will be assessed by the Committee throughout the year, and there are no submission deadlines
- Applicants can expect feedback within 4 months of applying
How to apply
Access the online application system here.
Information to be submitted:
All documents are to be collated into 1 pdf, scans are only allowed if high resolution (signatures should be clear and text readable), with page numbers and with name of applicant and project title in the header/footer.
- 1-page CV proving eligibility
- 1-page budget (including justification)
- 1-page summary explaining what the applicant will do in the host institute including a justification of the scientific reason for going to the host institute
- Signed letter by the mentor of the host institute, explaining why the applicant is qualified (nominated) for this grant, how this is a synergistic collaboration and if applicable, how additional costs will be covered by the host institute including a signature by the administrative authority to accept the terms & conditions set by EHA, include how the department will cover overhead costs if required by the institute, since EHA will not cover overhead costs
- Signed letter by the mentor of the home institute, explaining why they support the applicant and how this is a synergistic collaboration