Thrombocytopenias and Platelet Function Disorders
The SWG on Thrombocytopenias was established at the EHA Congress in Lyon 2003. The group subsequently expanded its field of interest with the inclusion of platelet function disorders.
The purposes of the group are:
- To promote education and instruction in platelet disorders by Scientific Conference and the annual meeting at the EHA annual Congress.
- To develop guidelines for diagnosis and/or treatment of thrombocytopenias and platelet function disorders.
- To promote clinical and laboratory studies on thrombocytopenias and platelet function disorders. The studies are conducted under the auspices of the EHA-SWG, but are open to collaboration with all interested researchers.
- To stimulate whenever possible joint initiatives with other scientific societies interested in platelet diseases.
The SWG includes the following subcommittees (and related coordinators):
- Subcommittee for Adult ITP - Francesco Rodeghiero, Italy
- Subcommittee for Childhood ITP - Thomas Kühne, Switzerland
- Subcommittee for Inherited thrombocytopenias - Patrizia Noris, Italy
- Subcommittee for Inherited and acquired platelet function disorders – previously Paolo Gresele, Italy: to be defined
- Subcommittee for Drug-induced thrombocytopenias - Andreas Greinacher, Germany
- Subcommittee for Biology of megakaryocytes and thrombopoiesis - Hana Raslova, France
- Subcommittee for Thrombotic microangiopathies - Marie Scully, United Kingdom
Become a registered member of this Specialized Working Group: Apply here