EHA-PTHiT Hematology Tutorial on Novel treatment approaches in hematologic malignancies
Dates: October 2-3, 2020
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Chairs: J Gribben, T Robak & I Hus
The European Hematology Association (EHA) and the Polish Society of Hematology and Transfusion Medicine (PTHiT) have previously organized three advanced and successful tutorials in Poland. In October 2020 the societies are again collaborating to organize a fourth forward-thinking tutorial. The focus of the tutorial will be on novel treatment approaches in hematologic malignancies.
Goal of the meeting
Through lectures, clinical and self-assessment cases the program will cover subjects as immunotherapy with novel monoclonal antibodies including bispecific antibodies and immunoconjugates, adoptive cell therapy with chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) engineered T cells (CAR T) and novel approaches in allogeneic stem cell transplantation. Moreover, we will further discuss how the standards of therapy change with the introduction of new agents. Furthermore, mechanism of action, efficacy and the toxicities of novel therapeutics will be presented basing on the results of clinical trials as well as clinical practice.
Hematologists and oncologists, residents in hematology and oncology, and laboratory specialists (cytogenetics, molecular biology) with a clinical interest in or focus on acute lymphoblastic leukemia, acute myeloid leukemia, cellular immunotherapy and vaccination, chronic myeloid leukemia, Hodgkin lymphoma, Non-Hodgkin lymphoma, and novel therapeutics, targeted therapies and gene therapy.
The program will cover the following topics:
- Monoclonal antibodies and immunoconjugates in lymphoid malignancies
- Small molecules in indolent B-cell lymphoid malignancies
- New drugs for acute myeloid leukemia
- New drugs for acute lymphoblastic leukemia
- Modern approach to chronic myeloid leukemia
- New treatment strategies for multiple myeloma
- CAR T cells – current status and future directions
- Novel approaches in allogenic stem cell transplantation
For the full program, please see this page.
After attending this tutorial, participants will be able to:
- recognize the current treatment strategies in patients with chronic phase of chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) (including evolving strategies like tyrosine kinase inhibitors (TKI) discontinuation), management of acceleration and blast transformation of CML,
- review new targeted therapies used in patients with acute lymphoblastic and myeloid leukemia based on genetic and epigenetic profile of the leukemic cells, like immunoconjugates, bispecific antibodies, and small molecules, like Flt3 inhibitors,
- enhance their knowledge on the approach to indolent lymphoid malignancies using small molecules, including B cell receptor (BCR) inhibitors, Bcl-2 antagonists, BRAF inhibitors,
- know novel approaches to allogeneic stem cell transplantation in patients with hematological malignancies, and
- recognize the current status and future directions of CAR-T cell development and challenges in the treatment of hematological malignancies.
The meeting will be held in the Novotel Warszawa Centrum
Information on how to register for this Hematology Tutorial will follow soon.
Scientific and education program coordinators
European Hematology Association (EHA) & Polish Society of Hematology and Transfusion Medicine (PTHiT)
EBAH CME Accreditation
Tutorials are accredited by the European Board for Accreditation in Hematology (EBAH) CME. EBAH CME is the best way for hematologists to master the latest developments within the specialty of hematology. Staying abreast of these scientific developments and keeping in touch with the up-to-date views on clinical policy will enable you to raise your professional level, ultimately resulting in the best treatment for your patients.