EHA-SWG Scientific Meeting on Aging and Hematology
Dates: October 12-14, 2018
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Chair: D Bron
EHA & the EHA Scientific Working Group on Aging and Hematology
- D Bron, Institut Jules Bordet, Brussels, Belgium
- L Adès, Hopital Saint Louis, Paris, France
- R Cordoba, Fundacion Jimenez Diaz University Hospital, Madrid, Spain
- T Fulöp, Université de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Canada
- V Goede, University Hospital / St Marien Hospital, Cologne, Germany
- PL Soubeyran, Institut Bergonié, Bordeaux, France
- R Stauder, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
- G Rossi, ASST Spedali Civili, Brescia, Italy
- S Zweegman, VU Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Online registration for the EHA-SWG Scientific Meeting is now open. REGISTER HERE
The second EHA-SWG Scientific Meeting on Aging and Hematology is a three-day meeting which main objective is to discuss unmet needs in the management of older patients with malignant and non-malignant hemopathies. Discussions will be focused on the progress in the field of aging: pathogenesis, management of co-morbidities, polypharmacy, cognitive impairments, and quality of life, as well as the optimal and rational approaches of "fit" and "unfit" older patients with malignant hemopathies.
Below you can find key information and links to important details regarding registration and accommodation. There is also a wide array of sponsorship opportunities available for pharmaceutical companies.
Hematologists, oncologists, specialist nurses, patient advocates and organizations, geriatricians and pharmacists.
The scientific program will cover all you should know about aging and management of older patients with hemopathies:
- Aging of the hematopoietic stem cell
- Immunosenescence and response to vaccines
- How to assess fitness in older patients
- How to treat fit patients
- How to detect vulnerability in older patients
- How to manage vulnerable patients
- How to protect quality of life in frail patients with malignant hemopathies
For a complete overview of the scientific program, visit this page.
After attending this EHA-SWG Scientific Meeting, you should be able to:
- identify older “fit” patients and their optimal approaches of various malignant hemopathies,
- treat “unfit” older patients with malignant hemopathies and to manage their vulnerabilities,
- be informed about ethical and socio-economic issues in your older patients with hematological diseases, and
- be informed about the ongoing axes of research in Europe in the field of “Aging”.
Abstract submission is officially open. Participants can submit abstracts for inclusion in the program, which will be presented in the form of an oral and/or poster presentations in various time slots.
Would you like to know more about abstract submission? Click here to submit your abstract
The meeting will take place at the Novotel Warszawa Centrum:
Online registration is open. Benefit from the reduced early registration fee by registering before September 14, 2018; 23:59 CEST.
Visit this page for more information on registration and to register.
This meeting is supported by:
EBAH CME accreditation
Continuing Medical Education (CME) is widely accepted as a means to encourage individual practitioners to maintain and develop professional knowledge and skills keeping up-to-date with latest developments within the field. The meeting will be accredited by the EBAH system. Participants of this meeting are eligible to receive one Continuing Medical Education (CME) credit point for every hour of accredited activity from the EBAH system.