EHA-SWG Scientific Meeting on Integrated Diagnosis Strategies in Oncohematology for the Management of Cytopenias and Leukocytosis
Dates: February 8-10, 2018
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Chair: MC Béné
Co-chair: G Zini
Organized by: EHA & the EHA Scientific Working Group on Diagnosis: Morphology and Flow Cytometry
After a successful first edition in 2015, this meeting returns to Barcelona on February 8-10, 2018. The scientific meeting will cover all practical aspects of diagnosis of hematological disorders suspected when encountering leukocytosis or cytopenia, with a strong focus on morphology, pathology and flow cytometry.
Online registration for the EHA-SWG Scientific Meeting is now closed
Below you can find key information and links to important details regarding registration and accommodation and a wide array of sponsor opportunities available for pharmaceutical companies.
Hematologists (in training) interested in updating their knowledge of how to deal on a daily basis with blood and bone marrow samples.
The scientific program will cover the following topics:
- Pre analytical and analytical considerations
- Towards integrated diagnoses: basics of morphology, flow cytometry, cytogenetics and molecular karyotype, molecular technologies
- Normal and pathological hematopoiesis, from progenitors to granulocytes and monocytes
- Morphology of granulo-monocytopoiesis: normal, MDS, AML and MPN
- Immunophenotypic exploration of erythropoiesis and thrombopoiesis
- Lymphopoiesis, leukemia and lymphoproliferative disorders
- Update on WHO 2016
- New drugs / therapeutic approaches and personalized medicine
- Patient’s follow up: MRD and detection of the emergence of resistances
For a complete overview of the scientific program, click here.
Abstract submission has closed. The submitting authors will be informed of the allocation results shortly.
After attending the meeting, participants will be able to:
- get the proper orientation from morphological examination of blood or bone marrow smears.
- know how to orient complementary flow cytometry panels.
- understand how to apply classifications (mostly WHO 2016).
- appreciate how cytogenetics and molecular biology may help reaching an integrated diagnosis.
- better interact with clinicians in discussing difficult cases.
Hear from the chair about this meeting:
Interview with Prof Béné about why you should attend the upcoming Scientific Meeting.
The meeting will take place in the Novotel Barcelona City;
Avinguda Diagonal 201
08018 Barcelona, Spain
Online registration is closed. For more information about registration, please click here.
This meeting is supported by:
EBAH CME Accreditation
Continuing Medical Education (CME) is widely accepted as a means to encourage individual practitioners to maintain and develop professional knowledge and skills keeping up-to-date with latest developments within the field. The meeting will be accredited by the EBAH system. Participants of this meeting are eligible to receive one Continuing Medical Education (CME) credit point for every hour of accredited activity from the EBAH system.