EHA-SWG Scientific Meeting on Integrated Diagnosis Strategies in Oncohematology for the Management of Cytopenias and Leukocytosis
Dates: February 8-10, 2018
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Chair: MC Béné
Co-chair: G Zini
Organized by: EHA & the EHA Scientific Working Group on Diagnosis: Morphology and Flow Cytometry
After a successful first edition in 2015, this meeting returns to Barcelona on February 8-10, 2018. The scientific meeting will cover all practical aspects of diagnosis of hematological disorders suspected when encountering leukocytosis or cytopenia, with a strong focus on morphology, pathology and flow cytometry.
Online registration for the EHA-SWG Scientific Meeting is now closed
Below you can find key information and links to important details regarding registration and accommodation and a wide array of sponsor opportunities available for pharmaceutical companies.
- Pre analytical and analytical considerations
- Towards integrated diagnoses: basics of morphology, flow cytometry, cytogenetics and molecular karyotype, molecular technologies
- Normal and pathological hematopoiesis, from progenitors to granulocytes and monocytes
- Morphology of granulo-monocytopoiesis: normal, MDS, AML and MPN
- Immunophenotypic exploration of erythropoiesis and thrombopoiesis
- Lymphopoiesis, leukemia and lymphoproliferative disorders
- Update on WHO 2016
- New drugs / therapeutic approaches and personalized medicine
- Patient’s follow up: MRD and detection of the emergence of resistances
For a complete overview of the scientific program, click here.
Abstract submission has closed. The submitting authors will be informed of the allocation results shortly.
- get the proper orientation from morphological examination of blood or bone marrow smears.
- know how to orient complementary flow cytometry panels.
- understand how to apply classifications (mostly WHO 2016).
- appreciate how cytogenetics and molecular biology may help reaching an integrated diagnosis.
- better interact with clinicians in discussing difficult cases.
Hear from the chair about this meeting:
Interview with Prof Béné about why you should attend the upcoming Scientific Meeting.
The meeting will take place in the Novotel Barcelona City;
Avinguda Diagonal 201
08018 Barcelona, Spain
Online registration is closed. For more information about registration, please click here.
This meeting is supported by: