EHA-ISHBT Hematology Tutorial on Hematological Disorders
Dates: February 28-29, 2020
Location: Chandigarh, India
Chairs: N Varma, P Malotra, J Gribben
Organized by: European Hematology Association (EHA) & Indian Society of Hematology and Blood Transfusion (ISHBT)
EHA will join ISHBT for a fourth time to organize the EHA-ISHBT Hematology Tutorial, this time in Chandigargh, India.
Tutorials have a characteristic format consisting of didactic lectures, case discussions, followed by self-assessment exercises. The main aim is to provide up-to-date information about various malignant and benign hematology topics, in an interactive manner.
Hematologist, hematopathologists, oncologists, internists and pediatricians.
The program will cover the following topics:
- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL)
- Ph-negative myeloproliferative neoplasms
- Acute myeloid leukemia (AML)
- Hematology practice in high-volume resource-constrained settings
- Inherited hemolytic / dyserythropoietic anemias (including thalassemia)
- Bone marrow failure
- Indolent lymphoproliferative disorders (marginal zone lymphoma, lymphoplasmacytic lymphoma, hairy cell leukemia)
The full program can be found here.
After attending this Tutorial, you will be able to:
- indicate and describe diagnostic procedures required to correctly identify the disease, its stage, prognosis, etc. as currently recommended by the experts,
- choose the optimal available treatment options for the index patient, and
- describe the most efficient and safe way to use novel drugs and explain how to manage their adverse events in routine practice.
The venue will be announced soon.
The online registration for this hematology Tutorial will open soon.
EBAH CME Accreditation
Tutorials are accredited by the European Board for Accreditation in Hematology (EBAH) CME. EBAH CME is the best way for hematologists to master the latest developments within the specialty of hematology. Staying abreast of these scientific developments and keeping in touch with the up-to-date views on clinical policy will enable you to raise your professional level, ultimately resulting in the best treatment for your patients.