For mentors of applicants
As part of your support for the candidate applying for CBTH, the following is required from you:
- Supervision and mentorship to be provided to the applicant during the CBTH award year.
- Please have your associate write their own project proposal. You are free to mentor them, but do not rewrite their proposal.
- Mentor's biosketch/CV (two page limit) is required, including complete contact information, present position, training, publications, and other relevant information. The mentor’s documents will be evaluated based on the following: mentor’s personal qualifications, productivity and research support, as evidenced by the mentor’s CV/biosketch, mentoring experience and plans for mentoring and enhancing the career development of the applicant, environment for conducting the proposed research, and past history of the mentor working with the participant. The quality of that interaction may be included in the consideration of the mentoring plan.
- The mentor should describe the applicant’s abilities and likelihood of success in applying computation biology skills in their research and the lab. The mentor must also indicate:
- Qualifications within the applicant’s research area, describing previous experience in research training,
- Commitment to providing a productive and conducive environment for the applicant to pursue the project,
- Indication of why/how CBTH will be beneficial to the applicant, as well as the research group in general,
- The mentor should be an EHA member at the time of application and throughout the course of program. To sign up as an EHA member, please go to https://ehaweb.org/organization/be-part-of-eha/.