EHA Education & Mentoring Awards
“Educating and mentoring are a brain to pick, an ear to listen, and a push in the right direction.”
The call for nominations for the Education & Mentoring Award 2019 is now open. Nominate here
Take the following criteria into consideration when nominating:
- Nominee’s contribution to the education in the field of hematology,
- Nominee’s contribution to EHA educational activities,
- Nominee’s overall contribution to the hematology community,
- Outstanding mentorship proven by their mentees’ career, and
The nominee should be a positive role model and provide effective professional guidance to mentees by stimulating their intellectual growth, psychological support and encouragement, support the promotion of their career development and show continued interest in their professional advancement. Mentees should have a successful career in the field of hematology (e.g. academic career, major clinical, educational and research achievements, leadership activities, etc.).
- Recognition of the nominee in other national or international forums for his/her contribution in training/education/mentoring.
- The nomination includes three attachments: a motivation letter and two independent letters of support.
Over the years, EHA has become one of the most reputable organizations providing medical education to hematologists in and outside of Europe. This result is made possible by the impressive efforts of those contributing and leading the program and supporting committees. Therefore, the EHA Board decided to introduce the EHA Education & Mentoring Awards to honor those whose outstanding contributions to hematology education deserve acknowledgment and acclaim. The EHA Education & Mentoring Award 2018 were conferred to:
- Professor Robin Foà (Sapienza University, Rome, Italy) for his outstanding efforts towards educating and mentoring of hematologists worldwide and his leading role in various projects and committees within EHA.
- Professor Barbara Bain (Imperial College London, United Kingdom) for her efforts towards educating hematologists worldwide within the scope of EHA projects such as Hematology Tutorials as well as through her highly–valued publications.
Professor Robin Foà received one of the Education & Mentoring Awards 2018
Professor Barbara Bain received one of the Education & Mentoring Awards 2018