Postdoctoral position - Pediatric Leukemia Research
A Postdoctoral Fellow position is available at the Gustave Roussy Cancer Campus Research Center in Paris area (Villejuif, France) in the team Biology of pediatric leukemia led by Thomas Mercher labelled by INSERM and Ligue Contre le Cancer. A major research axis of the lab aims at characterizing the cellular and molecular bases underlying the initiation and maintenance of aggressive pediatric acute myeloid leukemia driven by fusion oncogenes (e.g. Thirant et al. Cancer Cell 2017, Lopez et al. Cancer Discovery 2019, Bertuccio et al. Hemasphere 2020, Benbarche et al. Science Adv 2022).
The overall goal of the project is to leverage current molecular knowledge and identify cancer-specific dependencies associated with pediatric Acute Megakaryoblastic Leukemia (AMKL) associated with a poor prognosis, and test their therapeutic relevance in established preclinical models. Our solid preliminary data are based on the molecular characterization of primary tumors and of state-of-the-art models using various genome-wide technics (RNA-seq, scRNAseq, ATAC-seq, ChIP-seq) and ongoing CRISPR screens. As a result, some of the pathways associated with leukemia cell survival have already been identified and will be functionally assessed in both in vitro and in vivo preclinical models. Additional molecular analyses will aim at identifying cooperating mechanisms that can either explain the origin of leukemia development or can be further studied to develop novel therapeutic strategies.
The position is located at the Gustave Roussy Cancer Center, the first European Cancer Center and among the ten world leaders in oncology research and care. Thirty-five research teams accounting for 300 researchers are involved in all aspect of oncology research: fundamental, clinical and translational. The integrative research is also supported by core facilities (e.g. genomics, cytometry, imaging, organoids, preclinical).
The team includes a bioinformatician and research engineer/technicians. Lab website for further information: https://www.gustaveroussy.fr/en/biology-pediatric-leukemia. The team is also part of the national pediatric cancer program PEDIAC (https://programme-pediac.com/en/home/).
The position is funded for at least 2 years and salary will be based on experience.
• Carry out an independent research project and collaborate with other researcher/engineer in the lab and in the institution.
• Supervise junior members of the lab, including undergraduate & graduate students.
• Maintain and anticipate necessary lab materials (e.g. patient’s samples, cell lines, mouse models, constructs).
• Present research in weekly team meetings and national/international conferences.
Skills and qualifications:
• Candidates should have recently graduated (PhD) and demonstrated problem-solving skills.
• Solid knowledge in cellular and molecular biology with experience in the field of Hematology/Oncology.
• Technical skills in cell culture (e.g. primary hematopoietic cell cultures), multiparameter flow cytometry (e.g. analyses and cell sorting) and molecular biology (e.g. nucleic acid and biochemistry analyses) will be important for the project.
• Understanding and practical knowledge of basic bioinformatic analyses is a plus.
• Knowledge and skills in murine experimentation (e.g. practical knowledge of hematopoietic cell transplantation in murine models and an official accreditation) will be strong assets.
• Self-motivated and well-organized with strong communication and technical skills.
• Able to work independently and collaborate effectively in a diverse and interdisciplinary environment.
• English language should be fluent for reading, writing and discussing results.
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit 1) a cover letter, including a statement of previous and current research experiences, 2) a CV and the names/contact details of at least two references.
The position is opened immediately with a closing date for applications October 31, 2022. The applications will be considered and reviewed on an on-going basis and the position maybe filled before the deadline.
Please send full applications to Mélanie Var: email@example.com