Haematology Clinical Research Fellow
You will play an integral role in the function of a busy clinical trials unit with >30 studies ranging from phase I-III across lymphoma, myeloma, and leukaemia. We have an active cellular therapy program including autologous and allogeneic CAR T-cell trials.
Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital is Perth’s largest public tertiary hospital, located 5km west of central Perth. For department overview, active trials, and our fellowship program visit our website.
Multiple positions available from February 2025 (negotiable start dates)
Initial appointment for 12 months, extensions encouraged subject to satisfactory performance.
• Identification, recruitment, and care of patients on clinical trials
• Disease subtype focused outpatient clinics
• Design, presentation, and publication of clinical research
• Lymphoma - Prof. Chan Cheah
• Myeloma - Dr. Bradley Augustson
• Leukaemia/MDS - Assoc. Prof. Carolyn Grove
Why join us?
• Work in one of the most active Haematology clinical trials units in the world
• Mentoring opportunities with leaders in the field
• Outstanding program track record: our alumni have oral presentations at ASH, first author
publications in high impact journals and pivotal involvement in investigator-initiated trials.
• Excellent opportunities to independently manage patients as a consultant, with senior
clinicians supporting in the background as needed.
• Protected research time, with projects tailored to suit interests.
• Work/life balance: no rostered after hours or weekend commitment
• Part time hours negotiable
• Perth is clean, safe, and family friendly
• Completed (or in the final/penultimate year of training) as a Clinical Haematologist
• Registered with the Australian Health Practitioners Regulatory Authority (or eligible for
registration link here for further information)
• Excellent clinical and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated interest in clinical research.
How to apply
First round interviews set in June 2024.
Please forward an expression of interest and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org