What can I expect?
Expert high quality mentoring and skills training in clinical research
The program consists of two multi-day workshops at different locations in Europe and includes a variety of teaching and learning experiences, including self-directed learning, one to one mentoring by experts, plenary sessions and peer working groups, focusing on individual topics of interest and expertise. Establishing excellent relationships with co participants and faculty is guaranteed due to the program set up and personal approach.
Career development insight
Career retrospectives are provided from leading hematologists with a broad experience in clinical research. Hematology pioneers will speak about their personal and professional challenges and successes and maintaining a work-life balance.
- Design and execute a clinical trial
- Develop a strategy for effective collaboration with various stakeholders in the clinical research project
- Use statistics effectively
- Handle common problems occurring during the conduct of a clinical trial
- Recognize the ethical and regulatory framework relevant to clinical research
- Discuss and apply effective publication strategies
- How to plan the trial budget and staff needed
- Present the project to diverse audiences
- Examine the fundamentals of competitive grant and abstract writing and manuscript preparation and presentation
- Understand and apply the basic principles of meta-analyses
- Formulate strategies for pursuing and developing a successful career in hematological research
- Discuss approaches to forming and sustaining a multi-disciplinary clinical research team
- Develop relationships with the other participants and faculty to enhance professional networking opportunities
The faculty is made up of international leaders in clinical hematology research, statisticians, experts in regulatory and ethical aspects of clinical research and more. 16 faculty members will be mentoring 20 scholars.