Highlights from the SWG
The most relevant and impactful activities in 2022 were:
Organization of the 3rd ERIC International Meeting:
New Frontiers in CLL Research, Barcelona, Spain (06-08 October 2022)
Chair: Paolo Ghia
- To know how novel revelations into CLL biology are translating into novel approaches to patient management aligned with the concepts of precision medicine.
- To have the opportunity to get practical guidance and training into biomarker profiling in CLL by internationally renowned experts in the respective fields.
The most relevant advances include:
- The increasing efforts from patients, doctors and pharma companies to improve awareness and the frequency of patient’s screening for IGHV mutational status and TP53 aberrations before starting therapy.
- The ERIC study on the TP53 variants Database in CLL (organizers
- The increasing attention on the potential role of assessing complex karyotype in the diagnostic work-up of CLL patients and on the need to standardize detection methods.
The top 3 follow-up activities that were given priority in 2022 include:
- The organisation of the III ERIC International Meeting held in Barcelona on October 2022. This meeting attracted 400 people from all over the world and internationally renowned experts in the field to share their knowledge and experience and participate actively. Official website: https://ericll2022.org/
- The Certification Rounds for TP53 Mutational Analysis (as a general rule, there are two certification rounds per year for each program. Round 12 has been completed.
- The Certification Rounds for IG gene sequence analysis (as a general rule, there are two certification rounds per year for each program. The 8th round has been completed.